Check My Answers for Velocity Questions | Helpful Advice to Ensure Accuracy

• Thread starter Mrnickles
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Velocity
In summary, the person is asking for someone to check their answers and provide advice if they are incorrect. They have also apologized for posting multiple threads and have acknowledged their mistake in the sign error. They have received corrections and thanked the person for their help.
Physics news on Phys.org
yes i did read your comments, and i did implement the corrections (except i missed out the (-) for vAx = 80)

i do apologize for making multiple threads, i just thought i'd post both questions together, as i wanted a check for one of my other questions...

For your second problem, you have the correct answer but again you need to pay closer attention to your signs.

ahh, i see what i did wrong. since vBx will be traveling in a negative direction, although it gives the same answer, my workings were wrong, which in this case are important. thank you

1. What is velocity?

Velocity is a measure of the rate of change of an object's position in a specific direction over a certain period of time. It is often represented by the symbol "v" and is measured in units of distance per time, such as meters per second or miles per hour.

2. How is velocity different from speed?

While velocity and speed are both measures of how fast an object is moving, velocity also takes into account the direction of the object's motion. This means that two objects can have the same speed but different velocities if they are moving in different directions.

3. What is the formula for calculating velocity?

The formula for velocity is v = d/t, where v is velocity, d is distance, and t is time. This formula can be modified to calculate average velocity (v = (d2-d1)/(t2-t1)) or instantaneous velocity (v = limΔt→0 (Δd/Δt)).

4. How is velocity measured in the real world?

Velocity can be measured using various instruments, such as speedometers, radar guns, or GPS devices. In scientific experiments, velocity can also be measured by recording the change in position of an object over a specific time interval.

5. What factors can affect an object's velocity?

The velocity of an object can be affected by various factors, such as acceleration, friction, and external forces like gravity or air resistance. The mass and shape of the object can also play a role in determining its velocity, as well as any changes in the medium through which it is moving.