1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Velocity on curved track?

1. Dec 13, 2004 #1
    Im Having problems with 2D- curved track velocities. The question is...Find an Equation to find the velocity final of a car with mass - m going down a curved track with a coefficient of Friction - Uk The track is height - h above the ground and has an initial Velocity of Vi...so basically how do you find the velocity of a car moving down a curved track with centripetal acceleration factored in.

Heres my start.....I need alot of HELP please.

Vf = (Distance / Time) + Vi^2 / Radius

I dont know radius and distance is the length of the curved section of the track...any help on finding radius? I'd really appreciate it

The other question i had trouble with..is Find an equation for the Initial velocity at each point ( the beginning of each section ) for the same track with same mass - m and same height - h and same coefficient of friction - Uk ...

My start...I dont get this at all please help..

IE = mgh + 1/2mv^2 - Heat loss to Friction

I dont know the heat loss to friction..could you help me there please? with an equation or anything? Im very confused...please help, I want to try and get this finished for tomorrow

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2004 #2
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?