1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Velocity Problem

1. Oct 18, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A drone drops a bomb from a height of 3500 ft. The bomb travels 875 feet horizontally while it drops. What is the velocity of the drone and the bomb at the time of the drop? Direction is 0 degrees.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

*sigh* I'm afraid I don't have any work to submit with this one; I just can't seem to figure out how to work this problem... I've re-read it multiple times, and I'm uncertain how to go about doing it. I've looked at a similar type of problem, though the data included speed; this, I'm unsure how to work.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2016 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

You should at least be able to write down some relevant equations. What type of motions are involved?

4. Oct 18, 2016 #3
    I'm thinking the equation to use may be Δx=vot+½at^2

5. Oct 18, 2016 #4

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Sure, that's a start.

You have both vertical and horizontal motion involved. Apply your knowledge of projectile motion and use that equation appropriately for both.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted