Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Britney Spears

• Shakira

• Luciano Pavarotti

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
I need to know how is the best singer...

(it is for a :uhh: scientific study...)

marlon

Answers and Replies

i will go for the big guy...mmm sexy...

O SOLE MIO

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
How could you even disgrace Pavarotti by putting him in the same list as those other three?

Moonbear said:
How could you even disgrace Pavarotti by putting him in the same list as those other three?

Hey man ,easy, i am a hughe Pavarotti fan.

This list is made based upon psychological motivations which i cannot yet reveal but they do seem to work... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for the vote...
marlon

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
marlon said:
Hey man ,easy, i am a hughe Pavarotti fan.

This list is made based upon psychological motivations which i cannot yet reveal but they do seem to work... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for the vote...
marlon

Sorry...should have tossed a few smilies into that post :biggrin: :wink: Just weighing in my opinion :smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
that was priceless dude, especially when I got to see the results of the poll
By the way, moonbear is a gorgeous woman, you lost your chance by calling her "man" :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor
I had to vote for Pavarotti.

I have to say that I don't even listen to the other three. My kids and their friends don't either. :approve:

Last edited:
jimmy p
Gold Member
It's a toughy because I know that Luciano Pavarotti is a really good singer, but he is in a different genre of music to the other three. And out of the other 3, I would pick Shakira because she has a damn good voice. I prefer her Spanish stuff though. Even still I'm not a fan of "pop" music... Gar! help me decide!!!

Last edited:
Ba
Yes I go for Pavarotti as well, 'pop' music is not for me.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hey, who voted for Britney Spears? Come on, fess up! :biggrin:

JimmyP, I agree, out of the remaining three, Shakira comes out ahead...her music is just lots of fun, but pop music just doesn't show off one's voice well. Even if she has a good voice, you can't really tell. She does have a clear voice, and can actually carry a tune, unlike some pop stars, but pop music just doesn't give much opportunity to show off vocal range, which I think is important to consider when saying someone is the best singer out of a group.

Funny thing is, I'd much prefer to listen to Shakira's music than Pavarotti's, but what I like in music wasn't the question, the question is who is the better singer, and in that case, Pavarotti is the one who has demonstrated best his vocal range and ability.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Used to be a time when there was some halfways decent Pop. Now it's all just "Vanilla Pop". :grumpy:

I prefer Luciano too, especially in La Boheme, Turandot (you know, with the gran finale : NESSUN DORMA) and Un Ballo In Maschera...

Nevertheless I do think that Christina has the best voice of the three "pop"-singers. Britney SUCKS BIG TIME...

But in the end,
Pavarotti is the one with vocal chords that were kissed by an angel.

Give it up for :cool: BIG P :cool:

regards
marlon :cool:

Oh yes and eeuuh, Moonbear

sorry for calling you a man...

regards
marlon, also a man

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Moonbear said:

He once sang with Loretta Lynn.

:uhh: Well, okay, I guess that still doesn't explain how he could be in the same list with those other three. Loretta Lynn actually has a personality.

Edit: Actually, weren't Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears Mousketeers? Surely Pavarotti wasn't a mousketeer, was he? :rofl: