Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Very important study

1. Christina Aguilera

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Britney Spears

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Shakira

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Luciano Pavarotti

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  1. Sep 16, 2004 #1
    I need to know how is the best singer...

(it is for a :uhh: scientific study...)

marlon

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2004 #2
    i will go for the big guy...mmm sexy...

O SOLE MIO

4. Sep 16, 2004 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How could you even disgrace Pavarotti by putting him in the same list as those other three?

5. Sep 16, 2004 #4

Hey man ,easy, i am a hughe Pavarotti fan.

This list is made based upon psychological motivations which i cannot yet reveal but they do seem to work... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks for the vote...
    marlon

6. Sep 16, 2004 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry...should have tossed a few smilies into that post :biggrin: :wink: Just weighing in my opinion :smile:

7. Sep 16, 2004 #6
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    that was priceless dude, especially when I got to see the results of the poll
    By the way, moonbear is a gorgeous woman, you lost your chance by calling her "man" :tongue2:

8. Sep 16, 2004 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I had to vote for Pavarotti.

I have to say that I don't even listen to the other three. My kids and their friends don't either. :approve:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  9. Sep 16, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

It's a toughy because I know that Luciano Pavarotti is a really good singer, but he is in a different genre of music to the other three. And out of the other 3, I would pick Shakira because she has a damn good voice. I prefer her Spanish stuff though. Even still I'm not a fan of "pop" music... Gar! help me decide!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  10. Sep 16, 2004 #9

Ba

Yes I go for Pavarotti as well, 'pop' music is not for me.

11. Sep 16, 2004 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, who voted for Britney Spears? Come on, fess up! :biggrin:

JimmyP, I agree, out of the remaining three, Shakira comes out ahead...her music is just lots of fun, but pop music just doesn't show off one's voice well. Even if she has a good voice, you can't really tell. She does have a clear voice, and can actually carry a tune, unlike some pop stars, but pop music just doesn't give much opportunity to show off vocal range, which I think is important to consider when saying someone is the best singer out of a group.

Funny thing is, I'd much prefer to listen to Shakira's music than Pavarotti's, but what I like in music wasn't the question, the question is who is the better singer, and in that case, Pavarotti is the one who has demonstrated best his vocal range and ability.

12. Sep 16, 2004 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Used to be a time when there was some halfways decent Pop. Now it's all just "Vanilla Pop". :grumpy:

13. Sep 17, 2004 #12
    I prefer Luciano too, especially in La Boheme, Turandot (you know, with the gran finale : NESSUN DORMA) and Un Ballo In Maschera...

Nevertheless I do think that Christina has the best voice of the three "pop"-singers. Britney SUCKS BIG TIME...

But in the end,
    Pavarotti is the one with vocal chords that were kissed by an angel.

Give it up for :cool: BIG P :cool:

regards
    marlon :cool:

14. Sep 17, 2004 #13
    Oh yes and eeuuh, Moonbear

sorry for calling you a man...

regards
    marlon, also a man

15. Sep 17, 2004 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

He once sang with Loretta Lynn.

:uhh: Well, okay, I guess that still doesn't explain how he could be in the same list with those other three. Loretta Lynn actually has a personality.

Edit: Actually, weren't Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears Mousketeers? Surely Pavarotti wasn't a mousketeer, was he? :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?