Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Very intriguing stuff

1. Feb 22, 2005 #1
    If all of this turns out to be true, well........ :eek:

http://archive.atspace.org/int/

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2005 #2
    Oh man, after reading this page I DID feel something being sucked out of me. But I think it was my hope for humankind's intelligence rather than any vampiric energy draining.

4. Feb 23, 2005 #3
    you should read the celestine prophecies.

5. Feb 23, 2005 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

This one was my favorite. Next we'll be reading that Keanu Reeves is indeed a Christ figure.

6. Feb 23, 2005 #5

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Interesting. Perhaps the Wachowski Brothers and George Lucas are 'enlightened' beings who have taken it upon themselves to covertly lead us into the age of aquarius.

7. Mar 19, 2005 #6
    The site originally posted is down, but here it is hosted somewhere else, with a load of other links...

http://archive.tc/core/

8. Mar 19, 2005 #7

Curious3141

Homework Helper

A psychotherapist's gold mine and retirement plan.

9. Mar 19, 2005 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

From the Ra material...

From this I assume that the author is more dense than a stone. :biggrin:

10. Mar 19, 2005 #9
    Ive read alot of stuff like this, we were genetically created by alien beings, we're an experiment, our souls are being harvested by 'higher beings'. The story's slightly different each time but the gist of it generally is, our whole species is being manipulated by another species or form of consciousness in evolutionary terms; streets ahead of ours.
    To be honest im not going to say i 'believe' this kind of thing out of hand but i definitely have time for it, i hear the same thing reiterated by shamans, people who smoke dmt/those advanced in meditating, people whove been abducted by aliens.
    I also see the same idea repeated over and over in modern films, the matrix, dark-city, zardoz etc. These films *could just be flights of fancy, or they could very well be taping into some reseviour of knowledge in which on some level we all know what's being done to us.. and the most natural outlet for this knowledge could well be our art.
    I cant say ive come to any definite conclusions, as with the original poster i cant say much more than 'intriguing' at this point. But i plan to meditate on these issues in various guises, so i might somewhere down the road come to a conclusion thats more concrete.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  11. Mar 19, 2005 #10

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

Cowpies are metaphysical manifestations of higher orders of reality. They remind us that time and temperature does matter. Only a fool or a fly would disturb one in its prime.

12. Mar 19, 2005 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Many years ago, while sharp instruments were in my mouth, I learned that my dental hygienist was psychically in communication with beings on a planet in the Pleiades cluster. She was helping to solve several problems...

Still, I am completely open to ideas like a universal consciousness and other god-like concepts. In fact many modern ideas are really just a different spin on the Biblical God and soul concepts. I just can't see buying into any specific belief that I've heard or read. Even if based on some kernel of truth, there is so much obvious nonsense attached that one must go right over a cliff and abandon all rational thought.

Example: The wife of an acquaintance of mine was heavily immersed in various spiritual belief systems - a sort of native american/new-age mixture of ideas. According to her, among her many experiences, she had a near death experience during child birth. She also claimed to have encountered a real but mystical panther while on a vision quest. It slept next to her all night, she said. So, she was really out there, but she was nice and fun to talk with. One day I stopped by their house for something. As we walked up the drive, a white rock mixed in the gray gravel caught her attention. She looked down and gasped as this white rock was special and had been lost. According to her it held some kind of special energy. Also, she exclaimed, this is how she spotted it! The energy from the rock reached out and grabbed her attention. Then her 10 year old son suggested that she saw it because it was really white and everything else was gray.

Edit: A minor point of interest. Her husband was one of the chief engineers on the initial Bio-sphere project. Talk about a piece of work...and I don't mean the bio-sphere!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  13. Mar 20, 2005 #12
    I completely agree :wink:

14. Mar 20, 2005 #13
    Maybe thats good :smile:

15. Mar 20, 2005 #14
    Somewhere in the late fifties, or perhaps 1960, my brother and I saw the first TV production of Mary Martin playing Peter Pan. We tried for several days, to fly around our living room, even the towel capes didn't help.

The one magical quirkiness I still indulge in is the thought, that everything we currently know, has been known before, and there are remnants of that knowledge to be seen in ancient art.

In ancient Buddhist Tankas, I always see The Buddha holding a long stem of a blooming flower by the very stem end. The flower goes up, and I imagine that to be a discussion of galaxies, with some understanding of their central spiral that goes downward like a stem, that the Buddha pinches shut, sustaining us here.

Reading recently in New Scientist there is a discussion of huge space time ripples that make the Universe expand, and I am reminded of discussions of Prana, and Atman, the breathing of the Universe, or the breathing of Rama.

I always make associations like these, and I neither dismiss or embrace them, I just listen to them as they come up. I leave my inner computer "online" all the time, and constantly search my own data base for associations, however far fetched they may be, I find it a lot more entertaining than reality shows.

16. Mar 20, 2005 #15

cronxeh

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl:

Some of the best jokes online are here

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?