Need Help? Solve Bashir's Urgent Question Now!

• Thread starter Bashir2008
  • Start date
In summary, the question is about the adsorption of humic acid from a solution using polymer beads. The question asks for the amount of humic acid that will be adsorbed by the beads, but this cannot be determined without knowing the specific properties of the beads and their capacity for adsorption. The beads are an anion exchange resin and the humic acid is an anion, so the amount of humic acid that will be bound to the beads will depend on the specific capacity of the resin.
Bashir2008
very urgent question please help

Hello every body: its Bashir over here.

I really have very serious question need to be solved as soon as possible, I have tried but could not reach the right answer , so please everyone of you who has an ability to sort it out please do it.

Note: You can use any assumptions if u need.

The question is:

I have a solution of humic acid ( 10mg/l) into 100ml glass pottle ( volume )

I have put an adsorbent ( materila ) to adsorb humic acid from the solution which is deionized water.
My adsrobent material is polymer beads ( cylindrical shape ).

I need to know if these beads will adsorb the humic acid from the solution , so how many mgs of humic acid will be adsorbed by these beads ? say for instance the humic acid will be adsorbed as a monolayer on the beads

As i said you could need to do some assumptions and u can do it because we do theortical calculation and that just to give us an indicator if how much amount of humic acid will be adsorbed on the beads.
You can also assume the amount of the adsorbent material in order to get the surface area may be ( if u need it )

its done.

Please try to answer it as soon as possible.

Best regardes

Bashir

Physics news on Phys.org
Humic acid is a charged species and exists as an anion in water. The 'beads' you are using is an anion-exchange resin. The anion exchange resin has a particular capacity to absorb anions which should be available from the supplier. The resin is loaded with a given anion (OH- for example) and your solution is passed through. The anion is exchanged with the anionic form of humic acid which remains bound to the beads. It is impossible for anyone here to say how much will be bound since humic acid is not a very well characterized material and you haven't given us any information regarding the resin beads.

Dear Bashir,

Thank you for reaching out for help with your urgent question. I will do my best to assist you in finding a solution.

Based on the information provided, it is possible for the polymer beads to adsorb humic acid from the solution. The amount of humic acid that will be adsorbed will depend on several factors, such as the surface area of the beads, the concentration of humic acid in the solution, and the adsorption capacity of the beads.

To determine the amount of humic acid that will be adsorbed, we can use the Langmuir isotherm equation, which is commonly used to describe the adsorption of solutes onto solid surfaces. This equation takes into account the surface area and adsorption capacity of the adsorbent material.

However, without knowing the specific properties of your polymer beads, it is difficult for me to give you an accurate calculation. I would recommend conducting experiments to determine the adsorption capacity of your beads for humic acid. You can vary the amount of beads and the concentration of humic acid in the solution to find the optimal conditions for adsorption.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

What is "Need Help? Solve Bashir's Urgent Question Now!"?

"Need Help? Solve Bashir's Urgent Question Now!" is a prompt or statement that indicates someone is seeking assistance with an urgent question posed by Bashir.

Who is Bashir?

Bashir is the person whose urgent question needs to be solved. It is not specified who Bashir is, but it could be someone in need of help or assistance.

What kind of help is needed for Bashir's urgent question?

The type of help needed for Bashir's urgent question can vary. It could be anything from technical assistance to advice or guidance on a specific problem or situation.

How can I help solve Bashir's urgent question?

If you are knowledgeable or have expertise on the topic of Bashir's urgent question, you can offer your assistance by providing a solution or offering your knowledge and advice.

Why is this question urgent?

The urgency of Bashir's question could be due to a time-sensitive situation or a pressing need for a solution. It is important to address the question promptly in order to provide the necessary help and support.