Very rough test of intelligence

In summary, the conversation starts with the suggestion to take an online IQ test and the speaker boasts about being in the 95th percentile. This leads to a discussion about the validity of IQ tests and a joke about catching a mouse to take the test. The conversation then shifts to a discussion about cramming for a standardized test and a joke about catching a vole. Eventually, one member of the conversation falls for a trick and the conversation ends with a joke about recursion and the axiom of choice.
Rach3
Is your brain big and brilliant, and full of mature, sophisticated thoughts? Would you like to take a short online quiz to find out? Highlight the text below to take yet another short IQ test. Brag about the results to your friends!

Go ahead, highlight here:

If you are not reading this, congratulations! You're smart enough not to be wasting time on online games, - you have real, meaningful pursuits to challenge you, for the rest of your life. You'll never be bored. You are somewhere in the ninty-fifth percentile of common sense, or above.

You might ask - but if I'm not reading this right now, how will I know that I passed this IQ test? Well, if you're not reading this, then you already know you passed the test, and reading the result here would be entirely redundant. Good for you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Everyone has passed this but me?

I don't get it... Where's the IQ test...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paden Roder

Of course I mean this quite non-seriously. :biggrin: Though there is a point I'm trying to make.

Rach3 said:
Of course I mean this quite non-seriously. :biggrin: Though there is a point I'm trying to make.
And could this "point" be directed towards a "dirty" little post?:wink:

Paden Roder

PRodQuanta said:
I don't get it... Where's the IQ test...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paden Roder

The text is in white ink. Highlight with your mouse to see it.

Rach3 said:
The text is in white ink. Highlight with your mouse to see it.
Yeah, I meant it quite sarcastically. That's why I had the laughing icons.

Paden Roder

If you want to be really smart, stop nagging about funny IQ tests!:tongue2:

PRodQuanta said:
Yeah, I meant it quite sarcastically. That's why I had the laughing icons.

Paden Roder

I'm too busy to reply to that. I'm cramming for a standardized test. It's really important.

I scored zero.

Rach3 said:

That all IQ tests are bunk, and that intelligence cannot be encompassed in a test, if so I agree, that dirty test is just a gag anyway, where's your sense of humour :smile:

Rach3 said:
I'm too busy to reply to that. I'm cramming for a standardized test. It's really important.
What test? ACTs, SATs, GREs?

Whatever they are, good luck with them.

Paden Roder

How as you supposed to take the test if you do not have a mouse ?

PRodQuanta said:
What test? ACTs, SATs, GREs?

Whatever they are, good luck with them.

Paden Roder

:rofl: I was kidding...

wolram said:

You should catch your own mouse. Set some cheese aside in a corner, and they will come.

This is my personal opinion you know, I know IQ tests exist, I even took them as a kid, I just don't believe they are an accurate depiction of intelligence, which I think is more complicated than the tests would indicate.

EDIT: It's a very rough guide in my opinion, not a real indication of your raw brain power.

Last edited:
Did anybody actually read what Rach said? I never do.

I took it! Here are my results!111111

Highlight me for results: ahh you really fell for that trick twice eh?

Last edited:
wolram said:
A vole will suffice.

Chi Meson said:
A vole will suffice.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chi Meson said:
A vole will suffice.
:biggrin:

doesnt that count as unfair practice?

I don't get it. Is this a recursion problem? Do I need the axiom of choice? :frown:

-- Edit: Oh, I saw the other thread now. --

Last edited:
Just 1 point:
I don't know about the rest, but I like taking IQ tests because I learn something from each. And I enjoy finding the answer of the questions.:cool:

1. What is a very rough test of intelligence?

A very rough test of intelligence is a basic assessment or evaluation of an individual's cognitive abilities. It typically involves simple tasks or questions that measure a person's problem-solving skills, memory, and reasoning abilities.

2. How accurate is a very rough test of intelligence?

A very rough test of intelligence is not a highly accurate measure of intelligence. It is meant to provide a general idea of a person's cognitive abilities and is not a substitute for a more comprehensive and accurate IQ test.

3. What are some examples of tasks or questions used in a very rough test of intelligence?

Examples of tasks or questions used in a very rough test of intelligence may include pattern recognition exercises, simple math problems, vocabulary tests, and memory recall tasks.

4. Can a very rough test of intelligence be used to diagnose learning disabilities or intellectual disabilities?

No, a very rough test of intelligence is not a diagnostic tool for learning disabilities or intellectual disabilities. It is simply a basic assessment of cognitive abilities and should not be used as the sole basis for any diagnosis.

5. How can a very rough test of intelligence be helpful?

A very rough test of intelligence can be helpful in identifying areas of strength and weakness in an individual's cognitive abilities. It can also be used as a starting point for further evaluation and assessment of intelligence.