Farewell to PhysicsForums Member Negitron

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, Negitron, a forum member who had only been on PF for a few weeks, died suddenly last night. He was only 27 years old. His death has left the community saddened. He was a smart and witty person who will be greatly missed.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A few weeks ago, there was an announcement on the http://twitter.com/physicsforums" :

Congrats to vk6kro and negitron for being awarded "Science Advisor" medals!

I’ve been meaning to send https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?u=187122"), but he’s been inactive. I figured he was likely on vacation.

Well it’s been a few weeks now, longer than the usual vacation. So I did some sleuthing, using information he had on his user page.

I found http://www.nj.com/independentpress/index.ssf/2009/10/michael_bell_formerly_of_new_p.html" :cry:.

I’m afraid he’s passed away. The ham radio call numbers on his user page match the ones in the obit, as do the name, age, profession, and hometown.

I'm very sad by this. Negitron hadn't been here long but he was a great contributor. And he was so much fun in chat, too, very witty!

Bye, negitron, I'll miss you :sad:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Very sad, and so young...

Uck, he was even younger than me...

As we say in Poland - they are picking from our shelf :frown:

Edit: I started to browse his posts and found that

has a completely new meaning now.

Yes, this is very sad news. negitron did a lot for Physics Forums.

Negitron was an excellent forum member and contributed immensely to the community.

This is dreadful news. My thoughts are with negitron's family at this time.

Wow this is terrible news :( RIP negitron definitely will be missed here.

This is sad to hear, he was a very smart guy... :(

It is very sad indeed. He's way too young.

His profile indicates he was last active Sept-22, 5:29 pm, and he passed away sometime that evening.

How sad indeed. Courage to his family.

Condolences to his family, this must have been a sudden loss.

I know I've only been here for a very short while and never fully have gotten to know everyone here, but it still saddens me to hear news such as this. He had great friends here on PF that cared about him.

RIP Negitron/Michael Bell

I always enjoyed reading his posts. How sad he had to go.

Oh my god.

I always enjoyed reading his posts, he was so smart and contributed greatly to the forums.

RIP Michael

This is quite unexpected. I haven't been here very long, but I remember negitron as an active and knowledgeable contributor. It's sad that he's gone.

I remember "meeting" negitron in PF chat, and subsequently enjoying his many contributions in the electrical engineering forum here.

He was named as a PF Science Advisor 3 days after his death, but before any of us knew what had happened.

Too young, way too young.

This is just a shock. I had been worried for a while and even PMed berkeman last week to see if he had heard anything from him. Then I PM him a couple of days ago. OMG RIP negitron.

I'll miss seeing his little black cat avatar and his visits to chat. So sorry he is gone. :(

RIP Michael. Silent Key KB2YYR

I'm so saddened to hear this. He was already becoming a great contributor here, and so young still. Rest in peace, Negitron.

:(

Very sad, my condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace, mate.

Very shocking. My sincere condolences to his family and anyone close to him. Does anyone know anyone in his family to let them know there's a whole community of people here who will miss him?

Gutted ;(( RIP mate

Thank you very much Lisa for finding this out. Its really sad news for our community, he is missed.

Very, very sad news. So young and so intelligent.

Sad news indeed. :frown:

I thought there might be a mistake or something…sad

Terrible news indeed. I remember his first visit to chat. He questioned why it wasn't more visibly advertised, and I teased him that we only wanted positive members to chat with. He of course understood the play on his name and said something about being positive in a negative universe.

I will miss him also.

Do we have anyway of getting in contact with his family?

OmCheeto said:
I teased him that we only wanted positive members to chat with. He of course understood the play on his name and said something about being positive in a negative universe.

I think I remember this moment :sad:

negitron was a HAM radio operator, so our home addresses are public. I got a card today, and will send it to his home address, to his family. I'll post here the note that I send -- it will be a pointer to this thread, plus how we felt about Michael. I hope that the family will get some good feelings about how much Michael contributed here, and how we felt about him.

berkeman said:
negitron was a HAM radio operator, so our home addresses are public. I got a card today, and will send it to his home address, to his family. I'll post here the note that I send -- it will be a pointer to this thread, plus how we felt about Michael. I hope that the family will get some good feelings about how much Michael contributed here, and how we felt about him.
Very nice Berkemen, thank you.

I'm sure his family will be happy to know that he was so highly regarded.

berkeman said:

That's a wonderful and thoughtful idea, berkeman...thanks for doing that :smile:!