1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Very simple mirrors question

Tags:
  1. Jan 6, 2017 #1
    The objective is to make a human able to see the front door while playing a piano using as few (plane) mirrors as possible (and where they would be positioned). And in what orientation will the human see the front door while looking in the mirror (flipped/mirrored or not). Also there's a third strange question, which is what would be the maximum amount of mirrors that can be used to complete the objective and why.

bNTZQiz.png

I believe that it can be done with one mirror placed at the top (left to the orange couch). Whether the front door seen by the human is mirrored or not will depend on whether the amount of mirrors is odd or even from what I understand. I have completely no idea what to answer on the third strange question though.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted