Calculate Acceleration at t=38.60s: Simple Step-by-Step Guide

• Thread starter zhenyazh
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involves calculating the magnitude of acceleration of an object moving in a straight line with a constant acceleration. The object's position is measured at three different times, and the person is struggling to find a solution using the velocity and kinematic equations. They request an outline for solving the problem.
zhenyazh
ok this is really easy. and i solved it once and now i can't get to the same solution.

An object is moving in a straight line with a constant acceleration. Its position is measured at three different times, as shown in the table below.
Time (s) | Position, (m)
37.40 | 9.600
38.60 | 15.804
39.80 | 27.696
Calculate the magnitude of the acceleration at t=38.60 s.

so i tried with the x and v formuals, it gets me nowhere
also tried with finding inclines.

can u give me an outline of how to do it?

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
you know that the object from time 37.4 till 38.6 (s) moved from 9.6 to 15.804(m) , can you get the velocity from these information then substitute in any of the kinematic equations( i.e x = vot + 0.5 at^2 ) ..

1. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity over time. It is a measure of how quickly the velocity of an object is changing.

2. How do you calculate acceleration?

Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time. The formula for acceleration is: a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What units is acceleration measured in?

Acceleration is measured in units of distance per time squared, such as meters per second squared (m/s^2) or feet per second squared (ft/s^2).

4. What information is needed to calculate acceleration at a specific time?

To calculate acceleration at a specific time, you will need the initial velocity, final velocity, and time at which the velocity changes.

5. How can I use this guide to calculate acceleration at a different time?

This guide provides a step-by-step process for calculating acceleration at a specific time, so you can follow the same steps for any other time by plugging in the appropriate values for initial velocity, final velocity, and time.