Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Very strange

1. May 9, 2005 #1
    For a while now, id say a matter of months that i can remember, i will say the number 20 or 27 in my head. I never mean to or plan to, but i still do from time to time. It hasnt happened lately, but its very strange. I will be walking from class to my apartment and talking to myself in my head, and then all of a sudden "twenty-seven." discuss...

2. jcsd
  3. May 9, 2005 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You are indeed...

very strange.

4. May 9, 2005 #3
    I feel your pain OU. Sometimes, in a British accent I repeat outloud, "...number nine....number nine..." and hear creepy flutes.

5. May 9, 2005 #4
    ...number nine...number nine...I love Revolution 9...number nine...number nine...and then they became...naked!...number nine...

6. May 9, 2005 #5
    You really love it? I've found that I instinctivly hit NEXT TRACK as soon as it starts when I listen to that wonderful White Album.

7. May 9, 2005 #6

Janitor

Science Advisor

Block that Nixon!

8. May 9, 2005 #7
    ...number nine...number nine...number nine...I think it is totally cool. Strangely and interestingly it contains a fragment of Beethoven's "Choral Fantasy", which is considered to be a "sketch" for his Symphony Number Nine...number nine...number nine...

9. May 11, 2005 #8
    Does anyone have scientific insight, if such exists?

10. May 11, 2005 #9

ek

Kind of like how the time I see most on a clock is 12:34?

It's only because it looks funny, by the way.

11. May 11, 2005 #10
    so does 11:37. Id imagine in your case it has something to do with a relation to something else in your life.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?