Veterans of Foreign War

  • Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date

eNtRopY

Just out of curiousity, who here is a legitimate veteran of a foreign war?

eNtRopY
 

Dx

I am! Gulf War I and II. My question is why you want to know, my friend.
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,093
174
Originally posted by Dx
I am! Gulf War I and II. My question is why you want to know, my friend.
Not to divert this thread, but to anyone who has served and is willing, and perhaps in another thread, I would really like to hear about your experiences.
 

Dx

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Not to divert this thread, but to anyone who has served and is willing, and perhaps in another thread, I would really like to hear about your experiences.
What is it you would like to know? I had good times and other times it just sucks! Think about it! Your away from home 6 months or longer, get shot at, see friends you make from all over the world die. I'll say that I am glad to know that all my friends made it back alive so far. Honestly, Ivan I don't see this war on Terror going away anytime soon, really. I don't forsee the future; I help create it for the job I do, remember the word TEAM! Its a concept only the miltary can truly understand. Imagine relying your life on someone then again I remember some you don't want them there at all . I could talk all nite about my experiences but I'll just ask you one simple question " what is one thing you really want to know about it?"
dx :wink:
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,093
174
Originally posted by Dx
What is it you would like to know? I had good times and other times it just sucks! Think about it! Your away from home 6 months or longer, get shot at, see friends you make from all over the world die. I'll say that I am glad to know that all my friends made it back alive so far. Honestly, Ivan I don't see this war on Terror going away anytime soon, really. I don't forsee the future; I help create it for the job I do, remember the word TEAM! Its a concept only the miltary can truly understand. Imagine relying your life on someone then again I remember some you don't want them there at all . I could talk all nite about my experiences but I'll just ask you one simple question " what is one thing you really want to know about it?"
dx :wink:
Well your answer touches on exactly what I would like to know. I always assumed that I would have to fight a war. Although I came within one day of going Navy Nuke, I never had to serve. I like to try to get some sense of experiences that I have never had - the joy, the sorrow, the rewards and sacrifices - as well as to appreciate and remember the sacrifices made by others for our country. It is easy to take what we have for granted. I am sure that if you did, you no longer do.
 

BoulderHead

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Not to divert this thread, but to anyone who has served and is willing, and perhaps in another thread, I would really like to hear about your experiences.
Some things are better left unsaid, imho.
 

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,093
174
Originally posted by BoulderHead
Some things are better left unsaid, imho.
Perhaps so. This is a judgement that I'm not qualified to make.
 
Last edited:

Dx

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Well your answer touches on exactly what I would like to know. I always assumed that I would have to fight a war. Although I came within one day of going Navy Nuke, I never had to serve. I like to try to get some sense of experiences that I have never had - the joy, the sorrow, the rewards and sacrifices - as well as to appreciate and remember the sacrifices made by others for our country. It is easy to take what we have for granted. I am sure that if you did, you no longer do.
Your right! But the answer lies within YOU. Its hard to tell you experiences and expect you to undetstand it without actually being there. One word really, "Tough!" Your right Ivan, I used to take alot for granted e.g., "Freedom". I don't believe any of us are truly FREE and everything has a price to be paid.
 

drag

Science Advisor
1,055
0
Originally posted by Dx
"Freedom". I don't believe any of us are truly FREE and
everything has a price to be paid.
Indeed.
 

Related Threads for: Veterans of Foreign War

  • Posted
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Posted
Replies
2
Views
2K
  • Posted
2
Replies
26
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
4
Views
1K
  • Posted
Replies
7
Views
1K
  • Posted
Replies
6
Views
2K
  • Posted
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Posted
Replies
7
Views
2K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top