Quantum Physics Definition of Vibration for Abstract Art Research

In summary, Ana is looking for a source that defines vibration in terms of quantum physics. She is not satisfied with Wikipedia's definition of vibration as it may not be true. She is also looking for a definition that is supported by theory.
summerrain

Homework Statement

I wonder where can I find the definition of vibration if it was defined in quantum physics. I need it for my art written work, for Abstract artists - pioneers of modern art were researching vibration through Theosophy teachings and I would like to offer more definitions for I need to approach this with seriousness.

Homework Equations

I would appreciate if you can give me -if possible- a source ( preferably Internet one) that I can refer to - cite from...

The Attempt at a Solution

I apologize for you may not find my approach of finding out myself very professional, but in my search on the Internet I haven't found it. I found many sentences in which word is been used.
Thank you in advance,
Ana.

Physics news on Phys.org
summerrain said:

Homework Statement

I wonder where can I find the definition of vibration if it was defined in quantum physics. I need it for my art written work, for Abstract artists - pioneers of modern art were researching vibration through Theosophy teachings and I would like to offer more definitions for I need to approach this with seriousness.

Homework Equations

I would appreciate if you can give me -if possible- a source ( preferably Internet one) that I can refer to - cite from...

The Attempt at a Solution

I apologize for you may not find my approach of finding out myself very professional, but in my search on the Internet I haven't found it. I found many sentences in which word is been used.
Thank you in advance,
Ana.

In simple language of general physics : Vibration is the periodic motion (or oscillatory) which is executed by an object due to the application of external force on it.

Are you talking about ... molecular vibrations : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_vibration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_harmonic_oscillator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibration

Thank you for your answer sankalpmittal.
I guess that I was searching for that molecular vibration definition.
I can't use Wikipedia definitions in my work for as my mentor once said, things in Wikipedia may or may not be true. Also :tongue: I wish I would understand hehehe - but I don't really understand the language of (q) physics.
In slang or in Theosophy and basically people that are working with healing energy, use the term of vibration for about any thing, may it be color, may it be sound, thought, and things have vibration whether there is some outer pressure or not. It's defined like one of the qualities of the energy (still talking about energy that is defined as everything).
So I was hoping to find something that would on some way support that theory-go hand in hand with that.

Ana.
Thank you both in case you have nothing to add and in case you have.

1. What is the definition of vibration in the context of quantum physics?

In quantum physics, vibration refers to the oscillation or movement of particles or subatomic particles at a microscopic level. These vibrations can occur in different forms such as electromagnetic waves, sound waves, or even the movement of atoms and molecules.

2. How does the concept of vibration relate to abstract art research?

Abstract art research often explores the use of color, shape, and line to create visual representations of energy and movement. The concept of vibration in quantum physics aligns with this idea as it involves the movement and energy of particles, which can be seen as a form of abstract art.

3. Can vibration in quantum physics impact the creation or perception of abstract art?

Yes, vibration in quantum physics can have a significant impact on the creation and perception of abstract art. The interplay between energy and matter at a microscopic level can influence the colors, shapes, and overall aesthetic of abstract art. Additionally, the perception of abstract art can be influenced by the viewer's understanding of vibration and energy.

4. How can the study of vibration in quantum physics enhance our understanding of abstract art?

The study of vibration in quantum physics can provide a deeper understanding of the underlying principles of energy and movement, which are often explored in abstract art. This knowledge can help us appreciate the complexity and beauty of abstract art and how it reflects the fundamental laws of the universe.

5. Is there a connection between vibration in quantum physics and the human experience of art?

There is a strong connection between vibration in quantum physics and the human experience of art. The vibrations and energy that make up the fabric of the universe also play a role in our perception and appreciation of art. This connection highlights the interconnectedness of all things and the role that art plays in reflecting and expressing these fundamental principles.