Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vibrational Analysis

1. Feb 21, 2005 #1
    Please tell me some useful link from where i can get useful information on dynamic analysis.....i have posted a question regarding Harmonic Analysis in this forum ....but no reply till yet.....
    please give me details of the resources/forum from where i can get tips regarding Mechanical Vibration of structures....
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Feb 22, 2005 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There are volumes of material on this ... if you search any online book store you'll find a large collection, most of them quite recent. While there may be some doubt about the quality of some of these books I'd believe most of them do a decent job in presenting the principles of dynamic analysis - taking Gokul's advice is likely the fastest way to get results, web material I've seen tends to be either quite specific or too general. I've got a couple of books which address the specifics of vibration analysis of composite structures lieing somewhere (like Whitney's Structural Analysis of Laminated Anisotropic Plates) ... I'll get back to you on the other thread if no one beats me to it.
  5. Feb 22, 2005 #4

Science Advisor

Define structures. Are you talking modal analysis, rotational dynamics or something else?
  6. Feb 23, 2005 #5
    I need to get a complete flow chart of step by step vibrational analysis which has to be performed on Honeycomb Sandwich Panel Structure....it is like a cube which will hold necessary electronic component like a satellite structure......right now i m doing Harmonic Analysis of Strcuture...then will go to transient ...then Modal Analysis.....in This regard need to get useful materials....standards...in these aspects
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?