Video cards

I am building a new computer and i was looking at video cards. They have tv out on them and i am wondering if anyone has ever used one, and how it looked on a standard tv.

russ_watters

Mentor
Originally posted by The Grimmus
I am building a new computer and i was looking at video cards. They have tv out on them and i am wondering if anyone has ever used one, and how it looked on a standard tv.
I have a laptop with TV out that I use to watch dvd's on a tv. It looks great. Many video cards (or separate add-in cards) also have tv tuners for watching and recording tv on your computer. Also a nice feature.

yes for dvds and downloaded videos there grovy but dont expect to be able to read text off ur tv

unless u have a hdtv, id suspect thos are capable of displaying text. but most tvs cant, they dont have enuf pixels like computer screens

Hornbog

ok, i have tv output on my graphics card and i have hooked it up to my tv quite a bit. using it on your desktop on your comp it looks very fuzzy like because of the resolution but like said dvd's look great. games also look quite good.