Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Video cards

1. Apr 26, 2003 #1
    I am building a new computer and i was looking at video cards. They have tv out on them and i am wondering if anyone has ever used one, and how it looked on a standard tv.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2003 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I have a laptop with TV out that I use to watch dvd's on a tv. It looks great. Many video cards (or separate add-in cards) also have tv tuners for watching and recording tv on your computer. Also a nice feature.

4. Apr 27, 2003 #3
    yes for dvds and downloaded videos there grovy but dont expect to be able to read text off ur tv

unless u have a hdtv, id suspect thos are capable of displaying text. but most tvs cant, they dont have enuf pixels like computer screens

5. May 7, 2003 #4
    ok, i have tv output on my graphics card and i have hooked it up to my tv quite a bit. using it on your desktop on your comp it looks very fuzzy like because of the resolution but like said dvd's look great. games also look quite good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?