Video editing question.

• Thread starter JP84CE1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, to employ a rotating image effect in a video, you can use photoshop to create a series of pictures and then use them as frames in the video. Determine the length and frames per second of the video, and then calculate the degree of rotation for each frame. This method can be used when the video software does not have a dynamic zoom and pan feature.
JP84CE1
I want to employ a video effect wherein a still image will rotate slowly on the screen. I have Pinnacle Studio Plus 11, but no such effect exists. I also have an older version of photoshop and Image Ready.

how can I do this?

Thanks a lot.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You could use photoshop to make a series of pictures, then use each of the pictures as a single frame of video. Determine how long you want the sequence to last, then multiply that by the number of frames per second to determine the total number of frames. Then you need to divide 360 degrees by the number of frames to determine how many degrees to rotate the photo for each frame. My video software doesn't have a dynamic zoom and pan, so I did a frame by frame sequence for the intro picture in this video of an old racing game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT6rJfmuWGQ&fmt=22

I would suggest trying to use the older version of Photoshop and Image Ready to achieve the desired effect. These programs have more advanced editing capabilities compared to Pinnacle Studio Plus 11. Here are some steps you can follow to create the rotating still image effect:

1. Open the still image in Photoshop and make sure it is the desired size and orientation.

2. Go to the "Window" menu and select "Animation" to open the Animation panel.

3. In the Animation panel, click on the "Create Frame Animation" button to convert the image into a frame animation.

4. In the timeline at the bottom of the screen, right-click on the first frame and select "Duplicate Frame" to create a second frame.

5. In the second frame, rotate the image slightly in the desired direction. You can do this by going to "Edit" > "Transform" > "Rotate" and adjusting the angle.

6. Repeat this process for as many frames as you want the image to rotate. You can also adjust the timing of each frame to control the speed of the rotation.

7. Once you have all the frames set up, go to "File" > "Save for Web" and save the animation as a GIF file.

8. Open the GIF file in Image Ready and go to the "Optimize" panel. Here, you can adjust the loop options to make the animation loop continuously.

9. Finally, import the GIF file into your video editing software and add it to your project. You can adjust the duration and placement of the effect to fit your video.

I hope this helps you achieve the desired effect in your video. Keep in mind that different versions of Photoshop and Image Ready may have slightly different steps, but the overall process should be similar. Good luck!

1. What software do you recommend for video editing?

The most commonly used software for video editing are Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and DaVinci Resolve. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the features you require.

2. How do I learn video editing?

There are various online tutorials and courses available to learn video editing. You can also practice by editing your own videos and experimenting with different techniques.

3. What are the basic skills needed for video editing?

To start with, you should have a good understanding of video formats, resolution, and frame rates. You should also be familiar with the video editing software you are using and have a creative eye for storytelling.

4. How do I choose the right music for my video?

The music for your video should complement the tone and mood of your video. You can search for royalty-free music online or use the audio library provided by your editing software.

5. Can I edit videos on my phone?

Yes, there are several video editing apps available for smartphones. However, for more complex editing, it is recommended to use a computer with professional editing software.