Free Video Editing Software for Crafting Professional-Looking Videos

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for free video editing software to edit avi video clips. They want to be able to circle objects and add text while the video clip is playing, similar to what they have seen on YouTube. They are directed to search for options on a website and are recommended to try Windows Movie Maker, which is a popular and free option.
StealthRay
Hi,

Can anyone recommend me any free video editing software.I have some avi video clips which I want to edit.I want to circle some objects on the video and add in texts as the video clip plays.

I saw some people doing that in youtube.Anyone can tell me what software they using?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm guessing you're looking for something free, in which case searching around on www.downloads.com[/url] will probably get you what you need. http://download.cnet.com/1770-13631_4-0.html?tag=mncol%3Bsort&query=video+editer&searchtype=downloads&filter=licenseName%3DFree%7Cplatform%3DWindows&filterName=licenseName%3DFree%7Cplatform%3DWindows&rpp=10&sort=popularity+asc- you can see that Windows Movie Maker is free and very popular.

Last edited by a moderator:

As a scientist, my expertise lies in the field of scientific research and data analysis, so I am not well-versed in the realm of video editing software. However, I can offer some general advice and recommendations for finding a suitable free video editing software for your needs.

Firstly, it is important to determine what specific features and capabilities you require in a video editing software. For your purposes, it seems that you need a software that allows for text overlay and object highlighting. Some popular free video editing software options include DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, and OpenShot. These programs offer a variety of tools for editing and enhancing videos, including the ability to add text and highlight objects.

I also suggest doing some research and reading reviews from other users to get a better understanding of the capabilities and user-friendliness of each software. Additionally, you may want to consider the compatibility of the software with your computer and video file formats.

In terms of the videos you saw on YouTube, it is difficult to determine the exact software they were using without more information. However, many content creators on YouTube use Adobe Premiere Pro, which is a paid software but offers a free trial period. It may be worth considering if you are looking for more advanced features and are willing to invest in a paid program.

In summary, there are many free video editing software options available, and it is important to carefully consider your specific needs and do some research before choosing one. I hope this information is helpful in your search for a suitable video editing software.

1. What is video editing software?

Video editing software is a computer program that allows users to manipulate, enhance, and rearrange video footage and audio to create a cohesive and professional-looking video. It typically includes tools for cutting, merging, adding effects, and adjusting color and sound.

2. What are the main features of video editing software?

The main features of video editing software vary depending on the specific program, but some common features include timeline editing, special effects and filters, transitions, audio editing, color correction, and file format conversion.

3. Is video editing software easy to use for beginners?

Some video editing software can be user-friendly for beginners, while others may have a steeper learning curve. It is important to research and try out different programs to find one that best fits your skill level and needs.

4. Can video editing software be used for professional projects?

Yes, many video editing software programs are used by professional filmmakers, video producers, and content creators. Some programs even offer advanced features specifically designed for professional use.

5. What are some popular video editing software programs?

Some popular video editing software programs include Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, DaVinci Resolve, and Filmora. Each program offers different features, pricing, and compatibility with different operating systems.