Where can I find the Columbia accident re-entry video?

In summary, the conversation is about a video of Columbia's re-entry, seen on FOX news. The shuttle appeared to be turned 90 degrees clock-wise and heading in left wing first, with visible ionization in the tail section. The speaker is asking for a copy of the video and suggests a potential source.
Arctic Fox
I saw a video of Columbia’s re-entry I think on FOX news. It showed the shuttle going from the right side of the image to the left, the camera’s POV was looking at the rear engines. It seemed as if the shuttle was turned 90 degrees clock-wise from what a normal entry is suppose to be (nose first), and was heading in left wing first.

You could see the ionization in the tail section, looked like a comet.

Anyone know where I could find a copy of this video?

Engineering news on Phys.org
some videos here i think
http://www.chrisvalentines.com/sts107/

The Columbia accident was a tragic event that deeply impacted the space community and the world as a whole. As a fellow space enthusiast, I can understand your curiosity about the video of the re-entry. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the specific video you mentioned, but I would recommend checking out NASA's official website or their YouTube channel for any footage related to the Columbia accident. Additionally, there are several documentaries and news reports that may have included the footage you are looking for. However, I would like to remind everyone to approach this topic with sensitivity and respect for the lives lost in this tragedy. Let us remember the brave astronauts who gave their lives in pursuit of scientific advancement and exploration.

1. What caused the Columbia accident?

The Columbia accident was caused by a piece of foam insulation that detached from the external tank during launch and struck the left wing of the spacecraft, damaging its heat-resistant tiles.

2. Were there any warning signs prior to the Columbia accident?

Yes, there were several warning signs that were overlooked. Infrared cameras captured images of the foam insulation strike, and engineers also noticed an unusual increase in temperature on the left wing during reentry. However, these warning signs were not deemed significant enough to warrant further investigation.

3. How did the loss of Columbia affect the space program?

The loss of Columbia resulted in a two-and-a-half-year hiatus for the space shuttle program, as NASA conducted thorough investigations and implemented safety improvements. It also led to the eventual retirement of the space shuttle program in 2011.

4. What changes were made after the Columbia accident?

After the Columbia accident, NASA implemented several changes to improve the safety of the space shuttle program. These included redesigning the external tank to prevent foam insulation from detaching, improving risk assessment and management processes, and implementing stricter safety protocols for astronauts.

5. Was anyone held accountable for the Columbia accident?

While no one was criminally charged for the Columbia accident, NASA did conduct a thorough investigation and released a report detailing the contributing factors to the accident. The agency also made personnel changes and held individuals accountable for their roles in the tragedy.