1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

View from space

1. Aug 25, 2009 #1
    I highly theoretical question, hope you guys can help.

Say I have a telescope orbiting earth at 100km, and say on the ground I have a mirror (of about 2x2m).
    Could the telescope see itself through the mirror (i.e look down to earth, zoom in plenty and see itself looking down).

Thanks for any help !

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2009 #2
    Why not. If your mirror is without to much defaults, and pointing in the right direction. Looking through your telescope (powerful enough), you could see yourself standing behing your telescope, or better, you could give yourself an eye scan.

Cheers

4. Aug 25, 2009 #3
    Yes, as fatra2 has said, why not! apart from the fluctuations of the atmosphere (which basically don't affect visible light), you'll see everything you want through that mirror!

Unless you have some good reason that disturbs this idea in your mind, and would be nice if you tell us what it is :)

Good luck :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook