1. PF Insights is off to a great start! Fresh and interesting articles on all things science and math. Here: PF Insights

Violent Poems?

1. ranger

ranger 1,684
    Gold Member

I'm looking for poems in the violence/anger genre or anything (very)aggressive. So far I've found this. Does anyone know where I can find more?

--thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. cronxeh

cronxeh 1,232
    Gold Member

Hmm give me a call and remind me to write my thoughts as I'm driving through manhattan and a cab driver cuts in front of me.. oh just yesterday I had some great lines.. I'll get back to you on this soon.

4. loseyourname

loseyourname 3,632
    Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Look up "Charles Bukowski."

5. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Images
    by Tyrone Green

Dark and lonely on a summer's night.

Kill my landlord. Kill my landlord.

Watchdog barking. Do he bite?

Slip in his window. Break his neck.

Then his house I start to wreck.

Got no reason. What the heck?

C-I-L my land lord!

6. Evo

Staff: Mentor

7. Pengwuino

Pengwuino 7,118
    Gold Member

8. I love the ones about kids getting killed and raped written the sexual predtors

9. If you consider rap as poetry (it is), then this should be perfect:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/hitemup.html

10. arildno

arildno 12,015
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The Norse skalds produced enough poems celebrating gory glory to titillate you for a lifetime.

11. ranger

ranger 1,684
    Gold Member

I 'm no-one to judge whether rap is poetry, but I'd rather say away from it. Thanks for the link though.

heartless: that fourth link is a little freaky dont ya think.

Anymore links and suggestions(about poets) are welcome guys.

12. Gokul43201

Gokul43201 11,141
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Google this : "nursery rhymes" :biggrin:

13. ranger

ranger 1,684
    Gold Member

:rofl:

I was told that the "Ring Around the Rosie" song has something to do with the Black Death. I'm not sure though.

14. Curious3141

Curious3141 2,970
    Homework Helper

Just get the lyrics to almost any Nine Inch Nails song.

I once wrote a sorta-poem that I thought was very good : it was a first person stream of consciousness account of a person soliloquising over a porridge dinner with interludes of attempted conversation with his dad across the table who seems oddly reticent. As the passage progresses, it turns out these are the psychotic ramblings of a son whose just blown his father's brains out (the father is actually slumped across the table with a big gaping hole in the skull. The porridge he's/I'm eating is flecked with bits of blood, brain, dura and skull.

Kind of James Joyce meets Clive Barker, extremely vivid and graphic, I felt disquieted after I had written it. I deleted it because I didn't want to keep that reflection of the darkness within me. In hindsight that was a mistake, it was really one of the best pieces I've written.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?