Virginia Tech Shootings: Eyewitness Reports & Updates

• Thread starter robphy
  • Start date
In summary: This type of thing Must be covered by the press. I find your reasoning rather weak at best. Its nothing to do with the freedom and coverage of information why people do these types of things. IMO I would put the blaime directly on the Guns and culture of violence in the USA, and not on the Press.
I resemble that remark. This is the example of a true patriot. You should be so proud.
Welcome, this makes me happy someone who sees a spade for a spade and accepts what he/she is.
What do you propose ... Mein Kampf?
Are you calling me a Nazi? The Nazi's were all for individual freedoms for the elite without any care for society as a whole. Kettle pot black. Is this board a true representation of people from the USA? Because you really do have a very paranoid fear of Dictators taking your country, perhaps the Neo-con's had a point :wink:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Anttech said:
Welcome, this makes me happy someone who sees a spade for a spade and accepts what he/she is.

I have no problem with who I am. There are some things worth dieing for. Your individual freedom is one of them. That also means killing for the sake of it. WWII was an expression of it.

Expression of what?

ohh wait you mean we weren't fighting for each other

*we will fight them on the beaches, we will never surrender*

we were in fact fight for our selfish wants

Expression of what?

You just don't get it do you?

Castlegate said:

He (she?) really doesn't.

Castlegate said:
I do, but I don't agree with it. Cant you accept that?

I don't believe individual freedoms LIKE owning Guns are a right we NEED to have in the 21st century. It seems to me you just don't get it. You not being allowed to have them is NOT an encroachment of your freedom. My grandfathers did not die in WW2 for people to own guns. They died for our freedom from far right facism, our being allowed to express ourself (like this bulletin Board). Our not being sent to death camps for what we believe in. MY grandfathers did not die for us to be allowed to carry weapons that harm society.

Its you that doesn't get it, if you think that not owning a Gun is going to make you less free.

Last edited:
Anttech said:
You not being allowed to have them is NOT an encroachment of your freedom.

Yes, it is.

Anttech said:
I do, but I don't agree with it. Cant you accept that?

I don't believe individual freedoms LIKE owning Guns are a right we NEED to have in the 21st century. It seems to me you just don't get it. You not being allowed to have them is NOT an encroachment of your freedom.

Well here in the US the right to bare arms is a constitutional right, and I'm a 100% certain that a majority of US citizens still support that right. Any attempt by legislatures to ban weapons at this time would be considered an encroachment on that very freedoms we hold so dearly. This would not be a time to drop your weapons, but a time to bare arms. This in itself is worth dieing for. Get it?

Is it an encroachment of your freedom if I tell you, you arent allowed to shoot me?

Castlegate said:
Well here in the US the right to bare arms is a constitutional right, and I'm a 100% certain that a majority of US citizens still support that right. Any attempt by legislatures to ban weapons at this time would be considered an encroachment on that very freedoms we hold so dearly. This would not be a time to drop your weapons, but a time to bare arms. This in itself is worth dieing for. Get it?
I always got it. You are singing to the choir, it seems to me you haven't even bothered to read ANY of my posts on this issue..

This has gotten out of hand.

Far worse incidents have happened outside the US.

"More than 200 people are dead and hundreds more are injured after special forces battle militants who had taken hostages at a Russian school. A group of mostly Chechen gunmen had been holding an estimated 1,000 or more captives, far more than official estimates of 450 hostages."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=3888681

Last edited:
<h2>1. What happened during the Virginia Tech shootings?</h2><p>The Virginia Tech shootings occurred on April 16, 2007, when a student named Seung-Hui Cho opened fire on the campus, killing 32 people and injuring 17 others before taking his own life.</p><h2>2. How did the eyewitnesses react during the shootings?</h2><p>The eyewitnesses reported feeling shocked, scared, and confused during the shootings. Many of them hid or ran for cover, while others tried to help those who were injured.</p><h2>3. Were there any warning signs before the shootings?</h2><p>There were several warning signs before the shootings, including concerning behavior from the shooter, previous incidents of violence, and mental health concerns. However, these signs were not adequately addressed by the university or law enforcement.</p><h2>4. How did the university handle the situation?</h2><p>The university faced criticism for its handling of the situation, as there was a delay in notifying students and faculty of the first shooting, and classes were not canceled until after the second shooting occurred. However, the university implemented several changes and improvements in campus security and emergency response following the tragedy.</p><h2>5. What measures have been taken to prevent similar incidents from happening again?</h2><p>In response to the Virginia Tech shootings, many universities and schools have implemented stricter security measures, improved emergency response plans, and increased mental health resources for students. Additionally, there have been efforts to improve background checks for gun purchases and address mental health issues in the United States.</p>

1. What happened during the Virginia Tech shootings?

The Virginia Tech shootings occurred on April 16, 2007, when a student named Seung-Hui Cho opened fire on the campus, killing 32 people and injuring 17 others before taking his own life.

2. How did the eyewitnesses react during the shootings?

The eyewitnesses reported feeling shocked, scared, and confused during the shootings. Many of them hid or ran for cover, while others tried to help those who were injured.

3. Were there any warning signs before the shootings?

There were several warning signs before the shootings, including concerning behavior from the shooter, previous incidents of violence, and mental health concerns. However, these signs were not adequately addressed by the university or law enforcement.

4. How did the university handle the situation?

The university faced criticism for its handling of the situation, as there was a delay in notifying students and faculty of the first shooting, and classes were not canceled until after the second shooting occurred. However, the university implemented several changes and improvements in campus security and emergency response following the tragedy.

5. What measures have been taken to prevent similar incidents from happening again?

In response to the Virginia Tech shootings, many universities and schools have implemented stricter security measures, improved emergency response plans, and increased mental health resources for students. Additionally, there have been efforts to improve background checks for gun purchases and address mental health issues in the United States.