Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Visible Body 3D Human Anatomy

1. Jun 29, 2011 #1

rhody

Gold Member

FYI. I ran across http://www.visiblebody.com/", and thought I would share... It is pretty cool...

Rhody... :approve:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2011 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's cool! Looks like a great gift idea, too.

4. Jun 30, 2011 #3

rhody

Gold Member

Lisa,

Glad you approve.
    It could be useful for a whole lot of reasons. I haven't played with it extensively, so I can't say if it is really good or not. Maybe someone with some free time on their hands can, and report back. I am guessing you don't get "full functionality" until you subscribe though.

Rhody... :wink:

5. Jun 30, 2011 #4

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

That's an impressive collection of animations and illustrations!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  6. Jun 30, 2011 #5

rhody

Gold Member

Andy,

Glad I could direct your attention to something of value, that is what PF is known for.
    It was pure luck that I found it. Come to think of it, this happens quite often, at least to me. hehe...

Rhody... :biggrin:

7. Jun 30, 2011 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Pretty cool, Rhody! When I want to visualize the internals of a human, I have to look back on the hogs and deer that I have slaughtered (or helped slaughter) over the last 50+ years. Pigs are pretty close analogues, actually.

8. Jun 30, 2011 #7

rhody

Gold Member

Turbo,

So they need a follow on to this: Visible Body 3D Swine Anatomy...

Rhody... :redface:

9. Jun 30, 2011 #8

turbo

Gold Member

Perhaps, but I don't think many butchers are interested in healing the hogs they cut up. In my extended family, slaughtering hogs involved everybody! We made the whole process short and sweet so the meat was cooled, smoked, or made into sausage as quickly as possible. I remember the first time that I was "old enough" to be trusted to lug a wash-pan of blood to the kitchen for the women to boil down with barley, etc, to make blood sausage. Previously, I was allowed to take in pans of small and large intestines for the women-folk to clean and boil to make sausage-casings, but that was a no-brainer. Drop that pan, and you can pick up the intestines and take them to the kitchen. Drop a pan of fresh blood in the driveway, and prepare to suffer the wrath of your mother, your aunts, all your great-aunts... Tragedy! :cry:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook