Visitor Messages Gone? Mystery Behind Disappearance

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, there was a glitch on the website that caused all visitor and private messages to be deleted. This was fixed by Greg, but caused confusion and doubt among users who couldn't find their messages. However, it was later revealed that the messages had been rescued and everything was back to normal. Some users joked about the situation, while others were relieved that it wasn't a sign of aging.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think the title says it all. Everyone's are gone...just a bug, or are they really gone?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yikes! :eek:

Rut roh.

I wonder if this happened around the same time that Greg fixed that other problem today?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Looks like they are there to me
Ah... they're back!

Greg's messing with us. :devil: :biggrin:

Thank goodness those valuable visitor messages have been rescued!

Doc Al said:
:rofl:

Doc Al said:

Hey, I like my visitor messages :grumpy:

Except the ones that ask me whether speed is a vector or not.

But now where are they? I honestly now am doubting if I ever had any?! I have none now, but could swear I have had them in the past. :eek: Has my mind been shattered? Is THIS what OLD IS?

Saladsamurai said:
But now where are they? I honestly now am doubting if I ever had any?! I have none now, but could swear I have had them in the past. :eek: Has my mind been shattered? Is THIS what OLD IS?
Visitor and Private messages were all deleted, see this thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=532674

Evo said:
Visitor and Private messages were all deleted, see this thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=532674

Feewwww...I thought I was going into senility already. I was thinking, "I'm not THAT old, am I?" Fortunately the answer is a resounding "no."

Well...I guess I'll go have another glass of Ensure and take a nap now.

Greg Bernhardt said:
:tongue: db table had crashed
Lisa,

I was going to say I did, but then Greg went ahead and ruined all my fun, damn...

Rhody... :devil:

1. What are "Visitor Messages" and why are they important?

"Visitor Messages" are public messages that can be left on a user's profile page on a website or social media platform. They are important because they allow users to communicate with each other and leave personal messages without having to send a private message or email.

2. What does it mean when "Visitor Messages" are gone?

When "Visitor Messages" are gone, it means that they are no longer visible or accessible on a user's profile page. This could be due to a technical issue or deliberate removal by the website or platform.

3. Why did the "Visitor Messages" disappear?

The disappearance of "Visitor Messages" could be due to a number of reasons, such as a software update, a website redesign, or a decision by the website or platform to remove this feature. Without more information, it is difficult to determine the exact cause.

4. Is there a way to retrieve the "Visitor Messages" that have disappeared?

If the disappearance of "Visitor Messages" was caused by a technical issue, there may be a way to retrieve them by contacting the website or platform's customer support team. However, if they were deliberately removed, it is unlikely that they can be retrieved.

5. Are "Visitor Messages" gone forever or will they come back?

It is impossible to say for certain if "Visitor Messages" will come back or not. If they were deliberately removed, it is unlikely that they will be brought back. However, if the disappearance was due to a technical issue, there is a possibility that they may be restored in the future.