Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vista bug/question

1. Jan 4, 2010 #1

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Another fun question about Vista. This happens on both my office PC at work with its mouse, and my home laptop which does not use a mouse.

Sometimes, when I pull the cursor across the screen where there are two or more windows open (with one partly hidden by the top/active window), the context will switch to the window that was underneath, as the mouse cursor passes over it. This happens even though I do not click any mouse buttons. It's darned annoying, and not reproducible so far as I can tell.

My search of the web did find a mouse-hover-switch-windows "feature", but I checked my mouse control panel settings, and that is not enabled.

Thanks for any thoughts or things to check.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2010 #2
    In the "Ease of Use" settings via "Personalize" off the desktop?

4. Jan 5, 2010 #3

berkeman

Do you mean Ease of Access? I've gone through the mouse and keyboard sections of that, but only the Mouse Keys feature looks suspicious so far...

5. Jan 5, 2010 #4
    hmmm there must be something in common between the computers. I haven't run across this problem before.

6. Jan 6, 2010 #5

berkeman

Yeah, the latest time it happened (today), I couldn't click/change to a window behind the top-most window (which was incorrectly given the top context by my cursor sweep). Seems like a Vista intermittant Window context bug/lockup...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook