Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Visual Basic Library!

1. May 15, 2004 #1
    Can someone plz help me how i can find matrixvb.dll file on the net for a free downlaod??? This file is actually a math library for vb.

its Xishan

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2004 #2

Janitor

Science Advisor

Not meant to hijack this thread!

I have some old programs I wrote in GWBASIC. I no longer own the computer that had an old version of Windows on it that could emulate DOS and run the programs. Is there some sneaky way to get a Windows XP computer into a C:> prompt such that I could execute good old fashioned GWBASIC?

Okay, so I'm too cheap to upgrade to Visual Basic. :rolleyes:

4. May 16, 2004 #3

uart

Science Advisor

I don't know about a sneaky way, there is however a very straight forward way. Command prompt is on the start menu and last time I checked it will still run the old DOS Qbasic (I haven't tried gwbasic however).

5. May 16, 2004 #4

Janitor

Science Advisor

Call me STUPID & IGNORANT if you care to.

Do you literally mean I should be looking for the words "Command prompt"? Under Accessories maybe? I'm just not seeing it anywhere in Start.

ADDED LATER: Maybe the 'Run' bit of Start?

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  6. May 17, 2004 #5

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It may depend upon the particular version of Windows you are running. On my "Windows ME" (now outdated and I am going to replace it), I can go to "Programs", "Accessories" and find "MS-Dos Prompt".

7. May 17, 2004 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hit Start->Run, type "command.exe" (or just "command") and hit enter.

- Warren

8. May 17, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And, since matrixvb is a commercial product from the MathWorks, I need to close this thread. We don't condone piracy here.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?