1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Visual Basic Library!

1. May 15, 2004 #1
    Can someone plz help me how i can find matrixvb.dll file on the net for a free downlaod??? This file is actually a math library for vb.

its Xishan

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2004 #2

Janitor

Science Advisor

Not meant to hijack this thread!

I have some old programs I wrote in GWBASIC. I no longer own the computer that had an old version of Windows on it that could emulate DOS and run the programs. Is there some sneaky way to get a Windows XP computer into a C:> prompt such that I could execute good old fashioned GWBASIC?

Okay, so I'm too cheap to upgrade to Visual Basic. :rolleyes:

4. May 16, 2004 #3

uart

Science Advisor

I don't know about a sneaky way, there is however a very straight forward way. Command prompt is on the start menu and last time I checked it will still run the old DOS Qbasic (I haven't tried gwbasic however).

5. May 16, 2004 #4

Janitor

Science Advisor

Call me STUPID & IGNORANT if you care to.

Do you literally mean I should be looking for the words "Command prompt"? Under Accessories maybe? I'm just not seeing it anywhere in Start.

ADDED LATER: Maybe the 'Run' bit of Start?

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  6. May 17, 2004 #5

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

It may depend upon the particular version of Windows you are running. On my "Windows ME" (now outdated and I am going to replace it), I can go to "Programs", "Accessories" and find "MS-Dos Prompt".

7. May 17, 2004 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hit Start->Run, type "command.exe" (or just "command") and hit enter.

- Warren

8. May 17, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And, since matrixvb is a commercial product from the MathWorks, I need to close this thread. We don't condone piracy here.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?