Executing Specific Python Lines in VS Code on Ubuntu

From there, you can enter any python code you want to execute. In summary, to execute a specific python line in VS Code on Ubuntu, ensure that python is installed and configured correctly and use the terminal to enter the code.
member 428835
Hi PF!

I am running VS Code for python on Ubuntu. Is there a way to execute a specific python line? As I currently have it set up, on the terminal input at the bottom of the screen, I can only work through the terminal, so a command like print('hello world') won't do anything.

THanks so mcuh!

Technology news on Phys.org
Your title should be Visual Studio PYTHON code. VS runs lots of different codes (VB, C++, etc)

Likes member 428835
joshmccraney said:
Hi PF!

I am running VS Code for python on Ubuntu. Is there a way to execute a specific python line? As I currently have it set up, on the terminal input at the bottom of the screen, I can only work through the terminal, so a command like print('hello world') won't do anything.

THanks so mcuh!
If you have python installed and your PATH set up properly, simply typing “python” in your terminal should start the interpreter.

Likes pbuk

1. What is Visual Studio Python Code?

Visual Studio Python Code is a programming environment that allows developers to write, debug, and test Python code. It is an integrated development environment (IDE) that provides advanced features such as code completion, debugging tools, and project management capabilities.

2. Can I use Visual Studio Python Code for free?

Yes, Visual Studio Python Code is available for free as part of the Visual Studio Community edition. This edition is suitable for individuals and small teams, and it provides all the necessary features for writing and debugging Python code.

3. What platforms does Visual Studio Python Code support?

Visual Studio Python Code supports Windows, macOS, and Linux. It can be used to develop Python applications for desktop, web, and mobile platforms.

4. Can I use Visual Studio Python Code with other programming languages?

Yes, Visual Studio Python Code is a versatile IDE that supports multiple programming languages, including C++, Java, and JavaScript. It also provides extensions for other languages, making it a suitable tool for multi-language development projects.

5. Is Visual Studio Python Code suitable for beginners?

Yes, Visual Studio Python Code is a user-friendly IDE that is suitable for beginners. It provides a simple and intuitive interface, and it comes with helpful features such as code snippets and tutorials to help new users get started with Python programming.