Vitamins B, C, E: Benefits & Uses for Brain & Skin Health

• Thread starter TenNen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vitamins
In summary, taking too much vitamins, especially liposoluble ones, can be harmful as they can accumulate in the body and cause side effects. Vitamin E is used to protect against skin cancer by acting as a radical scavenger and stabilizing cell walls.
TenNen
1) Why do people say taking too much vitamins is not good ?
2) Can you tell me why vitamin B.s usually works best for human brain/nerves ?
3) Can you tell me about vitamin E's mechanism as to when it is used to help people from skin cancer ?

Thanks a lot
Regards,
PS: I have tried to read my book but it is really long and there are so many details that are so difficult that I couldn't memorize...

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
TenNen said:
1) Why do people say taking too much vitamins is not good ?

Some vitamines are hydro soluble whereas others are liposoluble. The hydrosoluble don't tend to be a risk when taken in excess because the excess will be excreted in urine. Liposoluble proteins are the one that can be dangerous when taken in excess because it will acumulates it your fat reserves and in your liver. As vitamines acumulates it starts to cause some side effects.

TenNen said:
3) Can you tell me about vitamin E's mechanism as to when it is used to help people from skin cancer ?

The liposoluble vitamin E acts mainly as a radical scavenger in the cell walls. It protects the various components of the cell wall against oxidation stabilising the cells.

Thanks iansmith very much,

1. What are the benefits of Vitamin B?

Vitamin B is a group of essential nutrients that are important for various bodily functions. They help convert food into energy, maintain a healthy nervous system, and aid in the production of red blood cells. Vitamin B also supports brain function, skin health, and can help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.

2. How does Vitamin C benefit the brain and skin?

Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the brain and skin from damage caused by free radicals. It also plays a crucial role in the production of collagen, a protein that helps keep skin firm and youthful. Additionally, Vitamin C can enhance memory and cognitive function by supporting the production of neurotransmitters in the brain.

3. What are the uses of Vitamin E for brain and skin health?

Vitamin E is known for its antioxidant properties, which help protect the brain and skin from oxidative stress. It also supports the immune system, aids in the repair of damaged skin, and can improve skin elasticity and moisture. Vitamin E may also have neuroprotective effects, potentially reducing the risk of age-related cognitive decline.

4. How can Vitamin B, C, and E be obtained through diet?

Vitamin B can be found in various foods such as meat, fish, dairy products, legumes, and leafy greens. Vitamin C is abundant in fruits and vegetables like citrus fruits, strawberries, and bell peppers. Vitamin E can be obtained through foods such as nuts, seeds, vegetable oils, and leafy greens. It is important to have a balanced diet to ensure adequate intake of these vitamins.

5. Are there any risks associated with taking Vitamin B, C, or E supplements?

While these vitamins are generally safe and well-tolerated, it is possible to consume too much of them through supplements. High doses of Vitamin B can cause nerve damage, and excessive intake of Vitamin C can lead to digestive issues. Vitamin E supplements may also increase the risk of bleeding in individuals taking blood thinners. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplements.