Vivitar camera and driver problem

• Thread starter pmb_phy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Camera
In summary: I take that the images from your vivitar camera won't transfer to your computer for viewing? when you plug your digital camera in your computer did you make sure your camera is on first? try copying the images to your computer.
pmb_phy
Does anyone have a "Vivitar" camera? I can't seem to download images from my new camera to my computer. Help!? :confused:

Pete

Computer science news on Phys.org
What OS are you using? You only need drivers if you have windows 98.

dduardo said:
What OS are you using? You only need drivers if you have windows 98.
I have windows XP. Since when do you only need drivers if you only have Windors 98?

Pete

That's what the Vivitar website says. The camera probably uses the standard mass storage driver.

dduardo said:
That's what the Vivitar website says. The camera probably uses the standard mass storage driver.
I see now that your wide sweeping statement is not wide sweeping at all? In any case its at most that this camera doesn't neen a driver for images. But my camera takes video too.

Pete

Last edited:
pmb_phy said:
I see now that your wide sweeping statement is not wide sweeping at all? In any case its at most that this camera doesn't neen a driver for images. But my camera takes video too
Oy! Get this! The batteries were low on energy. :frown:

Pete

Last edited:
pmb_phy said:
Oy! Get this! The batteries were low on energy. :frown:

Pete
Darn! Now the batteries are fine and I did the exact same thing as before and not it won't download. What the heck is going on here? :yuck:

Does anyone have a Vivitar vivicam??

Pete

I've never even heard of Vivitar before you mentioned it.

Does anyone have a "Vivitar" camera? I can't seem to download images from my new camera to my computer. Help!? :confused:

Pete

I take that the images from your vivitar camera won't transfer to your computer for viewing? when you plug your digital camera in your computer did you make sure your camera is on first? try copying the images to your computer.

I barely heard of vivitar. Honestly, you'd be better off with a Sony, Olympus or Nikon.

Last edited:

What is a Vivitar camera and driver problem?

A Vivitar camera and driver problem refers to issues that arise when using a Vivitar camera, such as errors, malfunctions, or difficulties in connecting the camera to a computer due to faulty or outdated drivers.

What are some common signs of a Vivitar camera and driver problem?

Some common signs of a Vivitar camera and driver problem include the camera not turning on or being recognized by the computer, error messages appearing while trying to use the camera, or poor image quality.

What should I do if I encounter a Vivitar camera and driver problem?

If you encounter a Vivitar camera and driver problem, the first thing you should do is check for any available updates for the camera's drivers. If there are none, try reinstalling the drivers or updating your computer's operating system. If the issue persists, contact Vivitar customer support for further assistance.

How can I prevent Vivitar camera and driver problems?

To prevent Vivitar camera and driver problems, make sure to regularly check for updates for both the camera's drivers and your computer's operating system. Additionally, avoid using outdated or incompatible memory cards and always properly eject your camera from the computer.

Is it possible to fix a Vivitar camera and driver problem on my own?

In some cases, it may be possible to fix a Vivitar camera and driver problem on your own by troubleshooting and following steps provided by Vivitar or online resources. However, if the issue persists, it is recommended to seek professional assistance from Vivitar or a certified technician.