1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VLSI Grad schools.

1. Apr 1, 2006 #1
    What are the best grad schools for VLSI design? What about decent grad schools? I have almost completed my BSEE, and I'm looking to apply for an MSEE. I'm not really interested in going into academia, so I'm not going to be applying to super-brand name schools.

Is there a ranking system for EE grad schools that breaks the ratings into specific sub-fields of EE?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The best schools for electrical engineering are, in fact, the "super-brand name schools." On the other hand, you'll also receive an excellent education at many lesser-known state schools.

- Warren
  4. Apr 2, 2006 #3
    Do you happen to know any with a particularly good VLSI program? I went to take a look at Penn State, but it seems their focus is strong in other areas besides VLSI.

I was thinking U of Maryland or UTexas, perhaps.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?