VM Moderation: What Does the Message "This Message is Moderated" Mean?

• Thread starter Saitama
  • Start date
In summary, VM moderation refers to a system where messages or content are reviewed and approved by a designated moderator before being posted publicly. This is indicated by the message "This message is moderated", meaning it has not yet been approved. The decision to moderate a message is made by the platform or website administrator, and the time it takes for a moderated message to be approved can vary. If a message is unjustly moderated, there is usually an option to appeal by contacting the platform or website administrator.
Saitama
I just noticed that the VM i receive or are sent by me have a message on them "This Message is Moderated". What's this? I don't think i have done any wrong recently that my VMs need to be moderated.

Physics news on Phys.org
To combat some spam, we've moderated all VMs. You did nothing wrong. Should be accepted very shortly :)

1. What is VM moderation?

VM moderation stands for "virtual moderation" and refers to a system where messages or content are reviewed and approved by a designated moderator before being posted publicly.

2. Why do I see the message "This message is moderated"?

This message is shown to indicate that the message has not yet been approved by a moderator and will not be visible to others until it has been reviewed.

3. Who decides if a message needs to be moderated?

The decision to moderate a message is typically made by the platform or website administrator, who sets the guidelines for what type of content requires moderation.

4. How long does it take for a moderated message to be approved?

This can vary depending on the platform and the volume of messages being moderated. In some cases, it may only take a few minutes, while in others it could take several hours.

5. Can I appeal a moderated message?

In most cases, there is an option to appeal a moderated message if you believe it was unjustly moderated. This can typically be done by contacting the platform or website administrator.