Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vocab stupid question

1. Apr 23, 2005 #1
    I was writing an essay, and i realized...i don't know how to use the verb, "seek" in past tense. I looked in the dictionary, and it only had "to seek" "seeker" "seeking" "seeks", but no "seeked" or even "sake". What is the past tense for "seek"?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

One of those less-than-obvious things. The past tense of 'seek' is 'sought'. :smile:

4. Apr 23, 2005 #3

SOS2008

Gold Member

Danger, I think you just killed the thread--maybe the shortest ever! :bugeye:

5. Apr 23, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Can't let that happen, it's way too young. :biggrin:

6. Apr 23, 2005 #5
    I once sitted down at a table on the beach. I was talking with a Swedish woman about the preterite of the English language. We maked jokes of all the words we could think of and I finally knowed why English is such a difficult language to learn. After we drunked several cervesas the conversation becomed hilarious. I can't remember much after that. I sayed something like "When I pass by strangers I always wash their hands." I think there ised a misinterpretation there, but I can't really be certain.

7. Apr 23, 2005 #6

SOS2008

Gold Member

We never asked you why you go by Huckleberry, did we? Look people, we can't keep all the threads going...there is only one thread that can't be destroyed! Muhahahhhah! :devil:

8. Apr 23, 2005 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    I am pretty sure this is how my French sounds.

9. Apr 23, 2005 #8
    Why did I call myself Huckleberry? Simple, it was the first thing that popped into my mind. Did you expect anything less?

Nobody wants to keep this thread alive forever. It's enough work keeping THE thread alive long enough so that I get the chance to kill it. :biggrin: This one is just a one night stand.

10. Apr 23, 2005 #9

Danger

Gold Member

Apparently not. :biggrin:
    I probably should have just left it at that, but I wouldn't want you to think that I was ignoring you. :wink:

11. Apr 23, 2005 #10
    You should hear my Spanish. I was once teased by a group of Spanish speaking children in an indian village. I think that this is what they were saying...

Tres tristes tigres tragaban trigo en un trigal.
    It means, Three sad tigers were swallowing wheat on a wheat field.

But I just stood there with a stupid smile on my face, like this :tongue: And they all laughed, like this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. Apr 24, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

Well... in that particular picture, you do look a bit like a retarded turtle. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?