Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Void and virtual particles

1. Jun 19, 2011 #1
    consider an event that takes place for a very short duration thus it have high uncertainity in energy...this energy is sufficient to create virtual particles...
    can we predict the nature of virtual particle that will be created(by nature i mean..it's charge,behaviour in terms of interaction)...it will b kind if u can illustrate with an example

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2011 #2
    I believe so, and I think that's exactly what is done when experts use Feynman diagrams. Whether virtual particles really exist, or are just a mathematical bookkeeping device is debated here often. ('virtual' and 'really' don't go together very well, I must admit.)

4. Jun 20, 2011 #3
    can you elaborate the same with an example?

5. Jun 20, 2011 #4
    No, I can't, its not my field. I'm in linguistics. But search on Feynman diagrams and you'll find lots of them, and there's a virtual particle thread very active in this section at the present.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook