1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Voltage controlled oscillator

1. Mar 21, 2012 #1
    Hi,I am currently doing my project of designing a 100Mhz Voltage controlled oscillator,but i am stucked in the oscillator part,can anyone tell me about the oscillator between the feedback model method and negative resistance method?how to identify the result of my oscillator is work by using ADS?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 21, 2012 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi Fang880607! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

Over what range of frequencies do you need your VCO to work? What is the level of the control voltage?

Do you have in mind a particular circuit that you will be using?

What is ADS?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Mar 22, 2012 #3
    Hi, ADS is Advanced Design System by Agilent.It is a software like pspice and multisim for run the simulation.I need to design around 100Mhz to 500Mhz voltage controlled oscillator.any idea of the basic idea to start design a VCO?I need to using Colpitts oscillator feedback design.

5. Mar 22, 2012 #4

NascentOxygen

Sorry. 500MHz is beyond me. 100-500 seems a big range for a VCO.

6. Mar 22, 2012 #5
    How about 100Mhz voltage controlled oscillator?

7. Mar 22, 2012 #6

NascentOxygen

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook