1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Voltage/current problem

1. Apr 6, 2005 #1
    what sort of voltage would i need to get a measurable current through a standard non uniform clay brick - where the current is in mA???

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

In the simplest terms,it would depend on the range in which the resistence of the clay brick is.If it's [itex] M\Omega[/itex] (it's not a metal),then u figure out the voltage...

Daniel.

EDIT:DO NOT DOUBLE POST!! :mad:

4. Apr 6, 2005 #3
    well i am supposed to be working out the resistance by putting a voltage through two oppisite faces of a brick i just need a measurable current so needed an appriopiate electro-motive force (voltage)
    does anyone know any where i can find this information or the resistance of a certain type brick?

5. Apr 6, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can google for key words.The name of the substance (whatever that clay is about) and "electrical resistance"...

There have to be some tables out there...

Daniel.

6. Apr 6, 2005 #5
    well i tryed google before hand with every variation i could think and have just tryed once again with no success

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?