Volume of V: Helplessly Stuck - Any Help Appreciated!

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the volume of a given shape, specifically the volume of V: { x^2+y^2=z , x^4+y^4=1 }. The speaker is unsure of how to set up the triple integral and asks for help. The other speaker clarifies that the given surfaces define a volume and provides some information about the shape.
sedaw
hello !

need to find the volume of V: { x^2+y^2=z , x^4+y^4=1 }

i don't know how to set up the triple integral caue i didnt find any way to understand the surface projection on the xy plane .

I would appreciate any help ...

Physics news on Phys.org
How is the problem actually stated? I don't see that these two surfaces define a volume. Are there other boundaries given in the problem, such as the xy plane?

BTW, the first surface is a paraboloid that opens upward and whose vertex is at (0, 0, 0). The second surface is a vertical cylinder with a sort of oval cross section.

Q: What is the "Volume of V" game about?

The "Volume of V: Helplessly Stuck - Any Help Appreciated!" game is a puzzle game that challenges players to use their spatial reasoning and problem-solving skills to escape a series of rooms by manipulating objects and finding clues.

Q: How do you play the "Volume of V" game?

To play the game, you must use your mouse or keyboard to interact with the objects in each room. You can move objects, rotate them, and combine them to solve puzzles and progress to the next room.

Q: Is there a time limit for completing the game?

No, there is no time limit for completing the game. You can take as much time as you need to solve each puzzle and escape the rooms.

Q: Are there any hints or clues available if I get stuck?

Yes, there are hints and clues available in the game if you get stuck. You can click on the "Hint" button in the top right corner of the screen to reveal a hint for the current puzzle. You can also click on the "Walkthrough" button to watch a video walkthrough of the entire game.

Q: Can I save my progress in the game?

Yes, you can save your progress in the game by clicking on the "Save" button in the top right corner of the screen. This will generate a code that you can use to continue your game from where you left off.