Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Volume rendering in Matlab using inbuilt GUI functions

1. Aug 3, 2010 #1
    Hi there.
    I have become a bit stuck with a little project I am working on. I have a series of RGB Tiff images which I have loaded into matlab, over 120 seperate images in total. I am hoping to use the functionality of matlab to render a volume by stacking each of the 2D images one top of another. I would like to in matlab define a cube where at each z position there is a different image. I have managed to render grey scale values in the z direction but I loose most of the information I was hoping to gain from a 3D model.

What I would like is a GUI built which has a sliding scale at the bottom to go from 0 to 120 in the z direction and display the different images at the different locations.

This is just a start and I would like to develop the program much further. Does anyone know of a good place to start?

Any help would be great guys
    Physical101

p.s. I dont think MATLAB is built for true colour image volume rendering but I like the language and it is very easy to distribute the code to others

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted