1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vor Test

1. May 21, 2006 #1
    Hi,:cool:
    I really confuse about VOR circuit test of couse I mean for aviation, I wanna know how is it working? If anyone has idea about that Please tell me.:frown:

Thx alot :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2006 #2

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would not expect many here know what that acronym is? I had to look it up VOR (vhf omnidirectional range) ref1 If your trying to understand how VOR works, the reference I gave should get you off and running..

If your trying to understand the circuitry in a VOR system, please elaborate on your question. What does your circuit look like?

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. May 22, 2006 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Wikipedia article linked by Ouabache explains very well how the VOR systems works. In plain english, a VOR signal is composite, and consists of both a non-rotating signal and a rotating signal. The VOR receiver can measure the difference in phase between the two to determine direction.

Pilots using VOR often fly so-called "Victor airways", flight paths defined by specific radials to or from VOR stations.

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?