Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Vor Test

1. May 21, 2006 #1
    I really confuse about VOR circuit test of couse I mean for aviation, I wanna know how is it working? If anyone has idea about that Please tell me.:frown:

Thx alot :rolleyes:
  2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2006 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I would not expect many here know what that acronym is? I had to look it up VOR (vhf omnidirectional range) ref1 If your trying to understand how VOR works, the reference I gave should get you off and running..

If your trying to understand the circuitry in a VOR system, please elaborate on your question. What does your circuit look like?
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  4. May 22, 2006 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Wikipedia article linked by Ouabache explains very well how the VOR systems works. In plain english, a VOR signal is composite, and consists of both a non-rotating signal and a rotating signal. The VOR receiver can measure the difference in phase between the two to determine direction.

Pilots using VOR often fly so-called "Victor airways", flight paths defined by specific radials to or from VOR stations.

- Warren
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?