Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
We have a set of good farm pictures for this week's contest. So please vote for the picture that best depicts our theme - scenes at a farm.

1. Borek
marcin_farmville.jpg

2. AlephZero
sheep.jpg

3. Marzena
marzena_f_animals6.jpg

4. epenguin
2gy1xsg.jpg

5. dav2008
[PLAIN]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8991/farmhq.jpg [Broken]

6. ZapperZ
[PLAIN]http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/4424/1161682.jpg [Broken]

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

I'm totally enamoured of the texture of Marzena's image. As someone else commented, you can almost smell the farm in that picture.

Andy Resnick
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A lot of these are really good- they bring the viewer into the image, etc.

Yes, they are so, Andy.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Cast your vote now and make it counts! It looks like epenguin is slowly pulling away from Borek. Can he maintain the lead, or will Borek catches up?

Zz.

dav2008
Gold Member
244 views and 14 votes. Everyone just checking their score or do we just have apathetic posters? ;)

Any chance to have a shortcut to future voting threads automatically posted to the General Discussion so more can vote?

AlephZero, you got my vote, you couldn't pose a sheep to look better. Work a bit on your lighting and exposure, and I'm sure you will get more votes.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
AlephZero, you got my vote, you couldn't pose a sheep to look better. Work a bit on your lighting and exposure, and I'm sure you will get more votes.

Posing sheep...heeeheeheehee

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
244 views and 14 votes. Everyone just checking their score or do we just have apathetic posters? ;)

Any chance to have a shortcut to future voting threads automatically posted to the General Discussion so more can vote?

I wanted to move the whole contest back into GD (where it originally started), but didn't get much support.

Zz.

Borek
Mentor
I wanted to move the whole contest back into GD (where it originally started), but didn't get much support.

Zz.

You have my vote for the idea :)

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Posing sheep...heeeheeheehee

The trick is to spread some mint sauce in the places you don't want them to go :devil:

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Final day to cast your vote. We now have a 2-way tie for first place. So every vote counts!

Zz.

epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member

But by the time you've done that they've moved! Particularly the one in the gap in the wall who is essential to the composition! I think this was taken in a slight mist and it's got to look misty, so a bit washed out. Maybe could be improved but at same time any improvement detracts, I was very taken by this photo as well as marzena's.

Where is it? Looks like could be England (Yorkshire?) or Wales but there are places and walls not unlike that in the US.

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Where is it? Looks like could be England (Yorkshire?) or Wales but there are places and walls not unlike that in the US.

North Derbyshire - not far from the border with Yorkshire.

Following the technical comments, I've discovered the color balance on my monitor has been screwed, probably for such a long time that I've just got used to it. The color profile was set up for some completely different hardware, for reasons unknown.

Having fixed it, it is looking very strange to me right now until I get used to it, but it's probably more like what everybody else was seeing (and I now agree those sheep look very pale and wan!)

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
With just ONE HOUR to go, it is soooooo close at the top for First Place! Cast your vote now!

Zz.