Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VOTE PF Photo Contest Group 1 - Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

1. iansmith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. sas3

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. FredGarvin

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. BobG

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. GeoMike

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  6. mattmns

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. turbo-1

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Jan 12, 2007 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This is going to be one of the toughest contest to vote on. So well done, and good luck to everyone!

Please vote for the picture that best depicts our theme, which is SNOW! This is the first group of pictures. You have one vote for each group.

1. iansmith
    [​IMG]

2. sas3
    [​IMG]

3. FredGarvin
    [​IMG]

4. BobG
    [​IMG]

5. GeoMike
    [​IMG]

6. mattmns
    [​IMG]

7. turbo-1
    [​IMG]

Contest thread

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2007 #2
    Geomike hands down for me on this one, it is a beautiful shot!

4. Jan 12, 2007 #3
    I went with Geomike as well, great picture!

5. Jan 12, 2007 #4

turbo

Gold Member

ZZ, you put me in the same group as GeoMike! I'll have your guts for garters. :grumpy:

BTW Mike, you got my vote. My pathetic little tree doesn't scream "snow" like your trail.

6. Jan 12, 2007 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had to go with geomike, both for the amount of snow, and the composition, as well as the color. I'm glad my entry doesn't have to compete with his photo yet. :biggrin:

7. Jan 12, 2007 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Great pictures, with many great qualities. I went with geoMike in the end, because his picture comes with a special sound. The sound of silence if you're standing, or the muffled sound of footfalls if you're walking. Beauty.

8. Jan 12, 2007 #7

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I had to go with GeoMike as well. That's a great picture. I would reproduce it in black and white.

9. Jan 13, 2007 #8
  10. Jan 13, 2007 #9
    OMG! Either there's something wrong with my internet, or you people have done something 'evil' with geomike's photo! I can see all the other photos except his. I'm not voting yet.

11. Jan 16, 2007 #10

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Just a reminder that you have one day left to vote in the first round of this contest. While GeoMike is running away with this one, there's still hope for others to get into the final round. So every vote counts!

Zz.

12. Jan 17, 2007 #11

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Having one run away winner creates some strange results. How could iansmith get zero votes for one the better pictures in the group?

It just goes to show, second place is nothing!:rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?