Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy Chinese New Year!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy New Year!

Poll closed Mar 1, 2007.
  1. SpaceTiger

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Janus

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Moonbear

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. ZapperZ

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. siddharth

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. mrjeffy321

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. Feb 24, 2007 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This was probably a difficult contest to get or find a picture for many people. Still, we have a set of very strong pictures here, so voting might be tight!

Please vote for the picture that best depicts our theme, which is either on the chinese people or culture, or on pigs to celebrate the Year of the Pig.

1. SpaceTiger
    [​IMG]

2. Janus
    [​IMG]

3. Moonbear
    [​IMG]

4. ZapperZ
    [​IMG]

5. siddharth
    [​IMG]

6. mrjeffy321
    [​IMG]

Contest thread

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had to go with MrJeffy on this one, because it's both such an obvious connection to China, and it's authentic (as opposed to a replica), and I like the effect the mist gave to soften the more distant objects in the photo...that just enhances the sense of the scale of the wall.

4. Feb 24, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Same here, and for the same reasons. Also like how the wall trails off into the mist.

5. Feb 27, 2007 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You have less than 2 days left to vote in this contest. In this one, mrjeffy is running away with it, but the contest for 2nd and 3rd place is extremely close and still anyone's race.

Zz.

6. Feb 27, 2007 #5
    it was between mrjeffy and siddharth but i had to go with mrjeffy on this

7. Feb 28, 2007 #6
    Voted for Siddharth - that's the only picture which is "completely" Chinese ,i.e., you don't see any other references to the West.

Well, Zz's and Moonbear's could qualify, too, under the condition, but I know that were they taken in Florida(?) and in a museum in NYC, respectively. :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  8. Feb 28, 2007 #7
    Tough one, I went with mrjeffy. I want to visit the great wall one day. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?