VOTE Photo Contest - Happy New Year

In summary, the pictures in this contest were of high quality. There were imaginative ones, and at the other spectrum, a picture that stretches the imagination beyond possible to include the theme. The winner of the contest was determined by personal bias, and the picture with the most votes. There are only two days left to vote, so make sure to do so!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy New Year!

• larkspur

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • SpaceTiger

• ZapperZ

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Monique

• Moonbear

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • alex caps

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
A small, but amazing quality of pictures for this contest. There were imaginative ones, and at the other spectrum, a picture that stretches the imagination beyond possible to include the theme <looks at gokul> :)

Please vote for the picture that best reflects our them, which is to depict clearly a subject that has something to do with the number "7".

1. larkspur
324801999_2c11fdf018.jpg

2. SpaceTiger
http://www.astroskwurl.net/seven.jpg [Broken]

3. ZapperZ
Disney002.jpg

4. Monique
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6025/7fq5.jpg [Broken]

5. Moonbear
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2397/seventc1.jpg [Broken]

6. alex caps
http://bikeflat.com/albums/nhalex/DSC_1086.sized.jpg [Broken]

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=149496"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Had to go with Zz on this one, but monique was a close second.

I had to go with alex caps for the most clever approach to the theme. :biggrin:

I had to go with alex caps too. Very neat. Although the seven cat toys was a squeaker for top spot. :) And the dwarfs. And the bridge. And the bottles. Even the guy with the fingers. I enjoy these threads a lot.

GeorginaS said:
Although the seven cat toys was a squeaker for top spot. :)

Are you competing with Ivan for the most groans? :biggrin: :rofl:

I couldn't resist the stud with the Christmas anchor. Is that 7-G? :!)

Moonbear said:
Are you competing with Ivan for the most groans? :biggrin: :rofl:

I was hoping someone would catch that one! :biggrin:

Just a reminder that you have 2 days left to vote in this contest. As in the previous contest, the voting is TIGHT, especially for 2nd place! So every vote counts!

Vote early and vote often!

[Oh wait. I forgot that this is not a Chicago election!]

Zz.

Out of extreme personal bias I had no choice but to vote for Ember. Also, I am quite sure that Ember is intentionally forming the number 7 with her body. She is just a little confused on the orientation.

Had to go with Alex for his cleverness.:smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
Also, I am quite sure that Ember is intentionally forming the number 7 with her body. She is just a little confused on the orientation.

Yeah, that's it! She just wrote it backward. It's still pretty good for a 6 month-old. :biggrin:

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy New Year"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy New Year" is an annual photo contest organized by the scientific organization "PF" to celebrate the beginning of the new year. The contest encourages scientists and researchers to submit their best photos related to their work or research. The winner is chosen through a voting process by the scientific community.

2. How can I participate in the contest?

To participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Happy New Year", you must be a scientist or researcher and submit a photo related to your work or research. The photo must be accompanied by a brief description and must follow the guidelines provided by PF. The submission process usually opens in December and the deadline is usually in the first week of January.

3. What are the criteria for judging the photos?

The photos are judged based on their creativity, relevance to science, and overall visual appeal. The photo must also be of high quality and resolution. The judging panel is usually composed of experienced scientists and photographers.

4. Can I submit more than one photo?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos as long as each photo is accompanied by a unique description and follows the guidelines provided by PF. However, only one photo per participant can make it to the final voting round.

5. How are the winners determined?

The winner is determined through a voting process by the scientific community. The photos that make it to the final round are shared on PF's social media platforms and website for voting. The photo with the most votes wins the contest and the winner is announced on PF's website and social media pages.