Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Merry Christmas

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Merry Christmas

Poll closed Dec 30, 2011.
  1. Andy Resnick

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ZapperZ

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. KrisOhn

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. Borek

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Dec 24, 2011 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Surprisingly, we had a rather small number of entries for this contest. I am clueless on why. Nevertheless, we have a good variety of photos for this contest. Please vote for the photo that best represents our theme, which is anything related to Christmas or Christmas decorations.

1. Andy Resnick
    http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5060/dsc4075.png [Broken]

2. ZapperZ
    img3503h.jpg

3. KrisOhn
    resize-1.jpg

4. Borek
    marcin_christmas_decoration.jpg

Contest thread

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2011 #2
    I used to have a room in my old house that looked extremely similar to that room KrisOhn, from the Bay window to the short couch in front of it to the piano in that exact location! *sigh* memories...

4. Dec 24, 2011 #3
    Good memories hopefully, I'm glad you can relate, its a place where I am not often, but when I am it is full of good times and a place where happy memories are made.

5. Dec 24, 2011 #4
    A big happy family, what more can you wish for?

6. Dec 29, 2011 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Final day to cast your vote for this contest.

Zz.

7. Dec 29, 2011 #6

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Really nice photos, all, and I really like Andy's, but I wonder if it might have been better placed in the more specific, "O' Christmas Tree" contest. Just a thought, since I enjoy the viewing the contests, that perhaps it might be an idea to announce themes of upcoming contests in greater advance.

8. Dec 29, 2011 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Unfortunately, many of these themes came up to me the actual morning when I have to post new contest. Maybe a psychic can be persuaded to foresee what I might think of in the next 6 months?

Zz.

9. Dec 29, 2011 #8

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Unfortunately, I didn't suspect the amount of spontaneity in the decision making process and wasn't foretold :) . Point taken, thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook