Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange (Group 2)

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Orange (Group 2)

Poll closed Nov 15, 2007.
  1. waht

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. J77

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Astronuc

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. Marinela

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Integral

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. rewebster

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. FredGarvin

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Nov 10, 2007 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Second group for the "Orange" photo contest. Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme.

1. waht
    [​IMG]

2. J77
    [​IMG]

3. Astronuc
    [​IMG]

4. Marinela
    [​IMG]

5. Integral
    [​IMG]

6. rewebster
    [​IMG]

7. FredGarvin
    [​IMG]

Contest thread.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2007 #2

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Astro gets my vote. I'm not sure how your camera got that effect but it works!

4. Nov 10, 2007 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This one was a tough choice between Rewebster and Fred Garvin. Rewebster's is more artistic, but I just love that Evil Overlord of the Pumpkin Patch photo. :biggrin: Alas, Rewebster's is more orange, so I'm going with that.

5. Nov 10, 2007 #4
    I was tempted to vote for waht, but I had to go for Astronuc's. Surreality will win me over every time. :D

6. Nov 10, 2007 #5
    Thanks for trying. The tree is impressive. Sort of like a tree of knowledge.

7. Nov 12, 2007 #6
    thanks--I went through about 30 or 40 before I found one that was the right 'color' and had an interesting formation. I noticed that the photo had one of those positive/negative visual aspects to it, in that, if you looked at the abstract dark shaped (I like this one as it had some figural qualities to it with the lighter rays seem to be flowing out from the 'appendages' of figural 'things')--the orange coloration would seem to float/flow out; and if you looked at the orange area, the dark formation seemed to sink. Probably most guessed it was Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) --the flower scar. Tomatoes' growth is faster than its skin growth, it seems, in the fall especially and these, and cracks near the stem happen.

8. Nov 14, 2007 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

A few more hours before the end of the first round of voting. Get your votes in!

Zz.

9. Nov 14, 2007 #8

turbo

Gold Member

I don't know, Zz. Is it possible for anybody to stop the Astronuc juggernaut? I'll vote for his picture again in a heartbeat!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?