VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait.

In summary, 31 people have voted in this contest. The votes are currently being spread out a bit thin, so Hypatia is trying a new way of voting - you can cast multiple votes. Math Jeans is the winner so far.

Vote

• Hypatia

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Math Jeans

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Glondor

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Moose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moe Darklight

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Georgepowell

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • GeorginaS

• Marzena

• Redbelly98

• Chi Meson

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Edward

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Janus

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Matthyaouw

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Topher925

• Borek

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
READ THIS BEFORE VOTING
Since votes tend to be spread a bit thin on big polls, I'm trying something new. You can cast multiple votes, so vote for a few pictures, rather than having to pick just the one you like best. This is just a trial so let me know what your thoughts are on this.

The entries:
1. Hypatia
snowme.jpg

2. Math Jeans
cleanroom-1.jpg

3. Glondor
Picture967-1.jpg

4. Moose
http://twilightus.net/adam/self.jpg

5. Moe Darklight
http://noamgr.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/me-beard.jpg

6. Georgepowell
DSC00917SMALL.jpg

7. GeorginaS
176.jpg

8. Marzena
marzena_autoportret.jpg

9. Redbelly98
LazorMark9786.jpg

10. Chi Meson
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/brichid1765/Photo608.jpg

11. Edward
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3433/1001020jpgselfportraitac9.jpg

12. Janus
http://home.earthlink.net/~parvey/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/me.jpg

13. Matthyaouw
3102516404_a13e239919.jpg

14. Topher925
http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/43715/2151322580056081071S600x600Q85.jpg

15. Borek
marcin_autoportret.jpg

Contest thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I voted Borek for a great and well-executed idea, and Georgepowell for sheer effort involved in running over there before the shutter goes.

Great idea, being able to pick more than one...especially when there's a lot of entries.

I had to include the giant in my votes. Lol I just loved that shot.

Math Jeans! I have the same phone! :approve:

I voted for Edward, best alternative fuel, and Borek pic in pic.

I decided to vote for three pictures: Georgepowell, Janus and Borek.

Would it be possible to limit the number of votes allowed for each person? (I think it's possible in vBulletin.) In the current system, each voter can simply vote for all persons, although that's unlikely. Also, while some members vote for 3 photos, others might vote for 1 or 5, some other number. That would be unfair.

Good point neutrino. I will see if that is possible in future polls but I can't edit this one.

If I may add my $.02 - any limit will be in a way similar to voting on a single picture. And while different pople will vote for different number of pictures, to some extent that's OK - if you vote for only one picture, your vote in a way counts more, as you have not pushed up other contestants.

So far it looks like multiple votes work OK - and not because I am leading :wink:

neutrino said:
Would it be possible to limit the number of votes allowed for each person? (I think it's possible in vBulletin.) In the current system, each voter can simply vote for all persons, although that's unlikely. Also, while some members vote for 3 photos, others might vote for 1 or 5, some other number. That would be unfair.

Someone voting for everyone wouldn't change anything whatsoever. I think it's fine without a limit.

we were able to vote for more than one?? aw, I didn't notice.
I was actually torn between three of them.

Math Jeans, I just noticed the other person in the photo...why is he (she?) on the floor?

lisab said:
Math Jeans, I just noticed the other person in the photo...why is he (she?) on the floor?
It doesn't get to be a "clean" room if everyone's just going to be walking about, taking pictures of themselves! :wink:

Had to vote for Borek and Matthyaouw.

Matt you'd better right a book now, that pic is awesome. (as in the pic being in the book cover)

georgepowell, matthyauow, chi meson

and is matthyaouw giving anyone else a strong Inigo Montoya vibe?

To me matthyaouw's pic reminded me of a picture of one of Pearl Jam's band members...lol, random I know

Three seems a reasonable number of picks.

Edited to add: fun topic, by the way, matthyaouw and great entries, everyone.

Last edited:
lisab said:

She was kneeling to put on the clean boots. The pic was taken in the gowning room.

I didn't get mine up (obviously) but will do so soon for the sake of it

Someone actually voted for me? Not even me voted for me. I voted based on effort. Hanging off a bridge several times or making picture frames from several pictures just for this thread (do you win a prize?) deserves a little credit.

Surprisingly high number of voters. Already 31 people voted (which is more than in any other contest in the last few months), and there is still 6 days of voting left.

I love Borek's picture. :rofl: It's hilarious.

Borek said:
Surprisingly high number of voters. Already 31 people voted (which is more than in any other contest in the last few months), and there is still 6 days of voting left.

I'm presuming that is because people could vote for more than one person.

It's Me Vs. You at the moment for first place. :wink:

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait" is to encourage individuals to submit their own self-portrait photos for a chance to win a prize and showcase their photography skills.

2. Who can participate in the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait"?

The "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait" is open to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria set by the organizers. This may include age restrictions, residency requirements, and adherence to the rules and guidelines of the contest.

3. How do I submit my self-portrait photo for the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait"?

To submit your self-portrait photo for the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait," you will need to follow the instructions provided by the organizers. This may include uploading the photo to a designated website or sending it via email.

4. How are the winners of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait" determined?

The winners of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait" will be determined by a panel of judges or by popular vote, depending on the rules of the contest. The criteria for judging may include creativity, composition, and adherence to the theme.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait"?

The prizes for the winners of the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Self-portrait" may vary and will be determined by the organizers. It could include cash prizes, photography equipment, or recognition and exposure for their work.