Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - With This Ring, I Thee Wed

1. hypatia

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. binzing

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Andre

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. Aug 30, 2008 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

A rather small number of photos we have this week, but will it make choosing for which one to vote for any easier?

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is a scene at a wedding.

1. hypatia
    [​IMG]

2. binzing
    [​IMG]

3. Andre
    [​IMG]

Contest thread.

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2008 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

With barely 2 days left, the voting is at a stalemate. Everyone's tied! Don't make me be the tie-breaker!

:)

Zz.

4. Sep 2, 2008 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Uh oh! I thought I'd cast a vote and break the tie...seems I just re-tied the contest instead. :rolleyes: I went with hypatia's photo...I like the humor in it, and somehow, it just seems appropriate. :biggrin:

5. Sep 2, 2008 #4
    All three pictures are great.

I voted for hypatia because the pic brought back a pleasant memory. At my sons wedding his friends presented him with a ball and chain. It was a real one. Where they got it is beyond me.

btw my son sold the ball and chain on ebay for $50.:smile:

6. Sep 2, 2008 #5

turbo

Gold Member

I voted for Andre's. It seems like the bride and groom are in the process of exchanging rings, and it fits the contest theme well. I liked hypatia's humorous shot just about as well, so it was close.

7. Sep 2, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Which one? :biggrin:

8. Sep 2, 2008 #7
    You mean "which son ?" ? :bugeye:

9. Sep 2, 2008 #8
    or which ball? left or right?

10. Sep 3, 2008 #9
    Remind me to stop entering, as either hypatia or larkspur can pretty much kill anyone elses attempts.

11. Sep 3, 2008 #10
    Ohhhh. Don't give up. Some people are happy with third place.

12. Sep 3, 2008 #11
    Im not one of them

13. Sep 3, 2008 #12
    Just out of curiosity and since I can't see emotion online. Exactly how are you acting and feeling while you are typing these responses? I'm sort of a jerk, and it has nothing to do with you, so I'm hoping for a little temper tantrum and a quivering bottom lip.

14. Sep 3, 2008 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, after probably 3 years of entries (how long have we had these contests?), I finally won one, and it wasn't even the bad photo contest. I have to admit I was nearly crushed when I couldn't even win the bad photo contest, so it's good I finally won something soon after. So don't give up. :biggrin:

15. Sep 4, 2008 #14
    Not true! I come in third more often than not. Keeps me trying to take better photos. :smile:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  16. Sep 4, 2008 #15
    yeah, but every time you come in third binzing comes in fourth.

17. Sep 4, 2008 #16
    :rofl::rofl:

18. Sep 4, 2008 #17
    Pre (f-ing) cisely.

Uh, anyways, yeah...plus im tired of spending three hours to resize download, then reupload these pics...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?