Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!

• News
  • Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Support
In summary: Is that true?In summary, the conversation discusses the preference for Ron Paul over other Republican candidates, specifically mentioning dislike for Rudy Giuliani and accusations of Ron Paul's racism. However, it is noted that the racist statements were written by a staffer and not Paul himself, and that Paul has little chance of winning the presidency. The conversation also mentions the small percentage of voters who support Ron Paul.
Maxwell said:
Let me give you this spin -- because I was born here, and my family has been here for a long time, this is not just a place I ran to when times were bad in my home country. This is not a country where I am just staying until things get better in my homeland. This is a country I cherish, through the good times and bad, and I have a lot of stock in how this country fares. My children will live here, and their children after them. I have a very vested interest in how this country does in this world. That's why I am passionate about the issues regarding this country. That's why I don't want every single downtrodden person in the world to enter this country.

See this is what I'm talking about. You don't understand the commitment of citizenship at all. This isn't just something I'm doing "until things get better" in my home country. Citizenship is a serious thing, and in taking it on I take on all the responsibilities you've mentioned. I even make myself vulnerable to a draft if this bull**** in Iraq ever comes down to that. I've been living here for 17 years now. Believe me I have a pretty vested interest in how this country fares. I however don't believe it has the right to deport people like (for example) elian gonzales because he was from cuba. or mexicans coming across the border for better economic opportunity. I'll say it again: Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness. Inalienable rights. That means even the U.S. Government shouldn't have a say in who gets them and who doesn't.

Physics news on Phys.org
slugcountry said:
See this is what I'm talking about. You don't understand the commitment of citizenship at all. This isn't just something I'm doing "until things get better" in my home country. Citizenship is a serious thing, and in taking it on I take on all the responsibilities you've mentioned. I even make myself vulnerable to a draft if this bull**** in Iraq ever comes down to that. I've been living here for 17 years now. Believe me I have a pretty vested interest in how this country fares. I however don't believe it has the right to deport people like (for example) elian gonzales because he was from cuba. or mexicans coming across the border for better economic opportunity. I'll say it again: Life, Liberty, Pursuit of Happiness. Inalienable rights. That means even the U.S. Government shouldn't have a say in who gets them and who doesn't.

One -- I was not talking about you in the quoted section.

If you were truly vested in the interests of this country, you would not be spouting empty rhetoric arguing for complete anarchy within these borders.

Two -- Have you not been listening to what I've been saying? It is unreasonable and ridiculous to allow untold amounts of people into ANY country. The logistics of caring for all of them would destroy this country.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a right that all citizens of this country are guaranteed. It is not an argument for completely destructing the borders of this country. If we allowed every single person into this country, life and liberty would be completely annihilated and no one would be able to pursue happiness.

What you want is not practical. It's something that we can both agree would be nice, but this is reality.

Out of curiosity anyone know what % of the US's total population of American citizenship holders are descended from immigrants or are themselves naturalized immigrants?

Art said:
Out of curiosity anyone know what % of the US's total population of American citizenship holders are descended from immigrants or are themselves naturalized immigrants?

are you kidding? 99.999% the remainder are native americans who are sadly a dwindling minority (largely due to U.S. government efforts to wipe them out... i think ending about a hundred years ago though I'm probably wrong on that).

The U.S. was birthed from immigrants that came from Europe...

slugcountry said:
are you kidding? 99.999% the remainder are native americans who are sadly a dwindling minority (largely due to U.S. government efforts to wipe them out... i think ending about a hundred years ago though I'm probably wrong on that).

Presumably it is that 0.001% who are complaining so much about all these new immigrants as surely people would not be so hypocritical as to deny the same opportunity to others as was afforded to them and their forefathers? What happened to "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."?

The same arguments touted today to oppose immigration are the same baseless arguments used many times before as each successive wave of immigrants hit America's shores. The Irish, the Italians, the Germans, the Vietnamese etc... Yet all of these people integrated into American society very quickly and contributed immensely to the growth of America as a nation both economically and when necessary militarily.

The final recourse of those who would deny others the opportunities they themselves have availed of is to hide behind the illegality issue of the immigration. Well the slaves who escaped through the underground railway acted illegally and those Jews who fled persecution in Nazi Germany acted illegally but history shows it wasn't them but rather the laws which were wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Art said:
Presumably it is that 0.001% who are complaining so much about all these new immigrants as surely people would not be so hypocritical as to deny the same opportunity to others as was afforded to them and their fore-fathers?

Indeed.. presumably :rolleyes:

Art said:
Presumably it is that 0.001% who are complaining so much about all these new immigrants as surely people would not be so hypocritical as to deny the same opportunity to others as was afforded to them and their forefathers? What happened to "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."?

The same arguments touted today to oppose immigration are the same baseless arguments used many times before as each successive wave of immigrants hit America's shores. The Irish, the Italians, the Germans, the Vietnamese etc... Yet all of these people integrated into American society very quickly and contributed immensely to the growth of America as a nation both economically and when necessary militarily.

The final recourse of those who would deny others the opportunities they themselves have availed of is to hide behind the illegality issue of the immigration. Well the slaves who escaped through the underground railway acted illegally and those Jews who fled persecution in Nazi Germany acted illegally but history shows it wasn't them but rather the laws which were wrong.

Whether the arguments are hypocritical or not is irrelevant to their validity.

You could say the same thing about the eco-fanatics on Easter Island that tried to prevent residents from cutting down the last few remaining trees (if eco-fanatics did exist on Easter Island). It would be unfair to deny trees to current residents because of the poor planning of past residents.

You could say the same thing about Social Security recipients. It would be particularly dastardly to require them to support yesterday's old via taxes for their entire working life and then deny or cut their Social Security benefits because today's young don't like devoting such a large chunk of their paycheck to supporting today's old.

In fact, you could say the same thing about many US companies. They promised pension benefits in the future to settle labor disputes in the present, then claim they can't afford to abide by the promises they made yesterday. It's flat out criminal for them to back out on those promises today, but keeping those promises means going out of business resulting in both current jobs and the promised benefits going up in smoke.

Art said:

Theres a lot of opposition to ILLEGAL immigration. I got no problem if all those mesicans came here LEGALLY, but theyre not. If the illegal immigrants can come into this country so easily, then so can terrorists. Plus, the illegals don't plan on integrating into american society, hence they wave mexican flags during their protests. They just want to use America as a means to feed their starving families.

proton said:
They just want to use America as a means to feed their starving families.

Yeah how evil of them.

proton said:
Theres a lot of opposition to ILLEGAL immigration. I got no problem if all those mesicans came here LEGALLY, but theyre not. If the illegal immigrants can come into this country so easily, then so can terrorists. Plus, the illegals don't plan on integrating into american society, hence they wave mexican flags during their protests. They just want to use America as a means to feed their starving families.

If the US does a better job screening those coming here legally, then the threat of terrorists sneaking in over the border might become a realistic threat. So far, most terrorist attacks in the US have been by Americans and any attacks by foreigners have been by those here in the US legally.

Your major terrorist groups in the US:

KuKluxKlan could probably be considered in the same league as terrorists, though they're usually considered to be a hate group (not sure of the difference).

Puerto Rican nationalists attempted to assassinate Truman, stormed the House of Representatives, and conducted the first airline hijacking in the US. They wound up killing 4 in one bombing in the '70's.

You also had the Weathermen, the Black Panthers, and SLA (of Patty Hearst fame). They committed a number of attacks, but all were pretty small scale.

You also had the flakes - a scattering of individuals that committed terrorist acts. Eric Rudolph bombed abortion clinics and bars frequented by gays. Who knows what Kacynski's cause was - I don't think he had one.

You also have the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front, two groups that use some pretty extreme measures in pursuit of their goals even if they don't outright kill people.

The second most significant terrorist attack in US history was Nichols and McVeigh - two Americans that bombed the Murrah building in Oklahoma City in protest of the government's siege of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, TX that resulted in the group burning down their compound with them inside. You had 205 deaths due to terrorist acts between 1980 and 1999 and 168 of those deaths were in the single Oklahoma City bombing.

Then, of course, you had the World Trade Center bombing, the Empire State Building sniper, and 9/11, which were conducted by Middle Eastern foreigners legally in the US.

That doesn't mean terrorists couldn't sneak over the border as easily as Mexican immigrants or that we should ignore border security. It just means that it hasn't been a problem in the past because it's been so easy for them to enter the US legally. Of course, the reason for that is because foreign terrorists entering the country by any means has been a rarity. I believe that natural rarity has been the key component in Bush's success in protecting us from foreign terrorist attacks since 9/11.

That same trend extends world wide. Terrorist acts are a lot more likely to be committed in a terrorist's own country than traveling to a foreign country to kill someone. If you want to cut down on terrorism (you can never eliminate any chance of a terrorist attack), make sure all of your subgroups within the country have an opportunity to achieve some kind of success. That divides the subgroup between those who want to strike out and those that want to make a coordinated effort to increase the number of the subgroup that succeed by plain old hard work.

(And, I have to agree with slugcountry - your argument, "They just want to use America as a means to feed their starving families" was a pretty ineffective argument.)

Last edited:
slugcountry said:
Yeah how evil of them.

what I mean by that is that those mexicans should do something about THEIR government, instead of relying on us to help them out. They should be having all their protests demanding that THEIR government do a better job instead of complaining about how we americans arent doing enough to help them.

it is NOT our job to take their of them

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
He didn't say "all", he said "most". And the fact of the matter is that a very high fraction of poor people are poor by their own bad choices. The most telling sign is the extremely high corellation between education and income. Most poor people are poor simply because they chose not to finish high school.

Poor people in Nigeria, Brazil, or Afghanistan do not have a choice. Not even in America. It's called life. Trust me, I grew up the poorest of the American poor and I'm now attending UCSD. Being poor, it was harder because life gets in the way. You won't know how something feels unless you walk a mile in that person's shoes.

Ivan Seeking said:
Its clear who gains from this, and it isn't the general population.

Illegals effectively destroyed my home; where I grew up in L.A. The last time that I visited it was hardly recognizable.

The rich benefit from illegal immigration and the lower class suffer. ONly 5 percent of illegal immigrants work in agriculture. Illegal immigrants compete with Americans in skilled labor such as masonry, plumbing, pipefitting, contruction, etc.

Yes, I agree LA is a dump. I think illegal immigration has definitely had its impact there.

As long as people are selfish punks and long to gain at the expense of others, then illegal immigration, poverty, environmental degradation, etc will continue to exist.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't mind helping pay for people who really need the help, but I hate thinking about paying for someone's smoking habit or some kids broken spine doing a jackass stunt. Why don't we have universal car insurance too?

Because car insurance is a scam. You pay them monthly but when you get in an accident and try to have insurance cover it, they either make you pay ("deductible" lol) for it or threaten to raise your rates. This makes you sue the person who causes the damage. What's the point of insurance if we don't need it? Answer: dirty politicians and business (which is always dirty)

cyrusabdollahi said:
I am paying attention to Senator Ron Paul and I *LOVE* this guy.

I am registered "decline to state", so I can request any primary ballot I want. (only one) I have already decided to vote for him in the California primary. He is the only one so far in the Republican debates who is speaking the truth abut the war.

VinnyCee said:
By the way, what is your source for Ron Paul's denial? Can you provide a link?
Why don't you start by providing a link to your claims; you have posted nothing but self colored text in quotes.

slugcountry said:
LOL where do you get this crap... illegal labor is the only reason our economy is still running
Good to know, as illegal labor is the 'only reason' I can bail out of my job and ... be a slug!

slugcountry said:
^legal^ immigrants.

If you didn't pass medical standards assessed in an inspection lasting a few seconds you were quarantined, or sent home.

Maxwell said:
By 'cardio' I meant cardiologist -- is that type of care free or covered by the government?

Crap I missed the boat on this thread by weeks. Yes cardiology is free in Canada.

Because car insurance is a scam. You pay them monthly but when you get in an accident and try to have insurance cover it, they either make you pay ("deductible" lol) for it or threaten to raise your rates. This makes you sue the person who causes the damage. What's the point of insurance if we don't need it? Answer: dirty politicians and business (which is always dirty)
This is why only stupid people buy full insurance. Is it really worth $4500 per year to fully insure a Honda Civic? Hell no. As soon as the loan was paid off, that insurance was gone. Legal minimum is still $1800 for me, but that's liability insurance that specifically covers me against lawsuits. I hit you, I kill your 3 kids and your wife, I laugh at you, you sue me, my insurance pays. Everybody wins except you. Theft was a good idea, though. It's something like $70 per year. Since everybody I know (literally) has had at least 1 car stolen in their lifetime, I can say that theft is more likely to happen than a write off due to my own fault, and yet it costs less than 1/10th as much. Collision insurance is a scam. Plain and simple.Oh and anybody saying illegal immigration is good for the average worker is a total retard whos understanding of economics is lower than that of a 5 year old. Get this, increased supply of labour = lower wages for labour. OMG SUPPLY AND DEMAND EXISTS! Quickly, tell Stockholm! Nobel Prize, here I come!

Last edited:
Skyhunter said:
I am registered "decline to state", so I can request any primary ballot I want. (only one) I have already decided to vote for him in the California primary. He is the only one so far in the Republican debates who is speaking the truth abut the war.
You'd vote for a nut simply because he's against the war?

He advocates holistic and homeopthic care instead of real medicine. Sorry, I don't see me wearing copper or magnetic bracelets or wearing crystals to fight off real diseases.

He is against vaccinations and immunizations.

He's against the FDA.

He's against women's health rights and the ability to choose.

I am also the prime sponsor of HR 300, which would negate the effect of Roe v Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state legislation to protect life. This is a practical, direct approach to ending federal court tyranny which threatens our constitutional republic and has caused the deaths of 45 million of the unborn.

I have also authored HR 1095, which prevents federal funds to be used for so-called “population control.”

Many talk about being pro-life. I have taken direct action to restore protection for the unborn.

But it's ok to carry guns and kill people, even people with known mental problems can carry guns. Oh and he wants to end our membership in the United Nations.

I have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.

H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.

H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.

H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons” ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

Ron Paul IS A NUT! Worse than that, he's DANGEROUS.

Last edited:
It's ok to kill people, as in murder? It IS ok to carry guns, and guns can kill. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who believed that "The People" should not have guns or "arms".

drankin said:
It's ok to kill people, as in murder? It IS ok to carry guns, and guns can kill. I certainly wouldn't vote for someone who believe that "The People" should not have guns or "arms".
Even mentally ill people? People with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? And he wants automatic assault weapons legalized? And he fears that the UN is trying to take our guns away, so we need to get out of the UN before they take over the country?

This isn't about allowing sane people to carry normal arms...

HE'S NUTS!

Evo said:
You'd vote for a nut simply because he's against the war?

He advocates holistic and homeopthic care instead of real medicine. Sorry, I don't see me wearing copper or magnetic bracelets or wearing crystals to fight off real diseases.

He is a physician...this doesn't sound right. Might it be only holistic medicine? That is popular in the mainstream now.

He's against the FDA.

He's against women's health rights and the ability to choose.

I don't know about the other points, but he seems to be more a Constitutionalist than anti-women's rights.

But it's ok to carry guns and kill people, even people with known mental problems can carry guns.

He said that people with mental problems should carry guns?

Oh and he wants to end our membership in the United Nations.

I hadn't heard about that one. Are you sure about all of this? I have listened to several interviews and it never came up.

Ron Paul IS A NUT! Worse than that, he's DANGEROUS.

Up until now I have found him to be refreshing, but I don't have any real opinions about him yet.

sorry, I had missed a few of your quotes. I doubt that his position is as radical as you make it sound. But this is the first that I have heard about the UN. The Vet gun ownership diddy is likely quite specific. I doubt that he believes that people with serious or dangerous mental problems should be allowed to carry guns.

Last edited:
Evo said:
...Ron Paul IS A NUT! Worse than that, he's DANGEROUS.
Maybe. But I think you miss Rep. Paul's point and his appeal on these issues: it is not so much that our society should, or should not favor position X on a given issue, but rather that US Constitution gives no invitation, nor grants any right to the federal government to engage in most of these areas. The status quo is to hell with the constitution. For instance, most supreme court justices consider the 10th amendment dead, killed off by the manipulation of the commerce clause beyond all recognition. Federal justification: this position X is important, its the 'right' thing do, so the federal government must do it. Now, my take is most people say, sure, 'got to stop the fed' when the fed happens to oppose position X but rant on about the end of civilization when calls go up to remove governmental support of their position Y. So a guy like Paul comes along who says, no, its not in the constitution, therefore the government shall not do X nor shall it do Y, then people are quick to call him a nut. So please no follow up posts saying, "yeah got stop that nut Bush from doing X" and in the same breath "hey Paul does not support Y, he's a nut!"

Its clear from the issues you cite that you are concerned about individual rights. I submit that every time government proceeds extra-constitutionally it weakens the one thing allowing us to govern ourselves, and I do mean the one thing in a nation founded on the rule of law. I'm mostly pro choice. But I believe Roe Wade is fabricated from thin air. Every attorney I've ever discussed it with, regardless of their position believes at least in private that it is just lousy constitutional law. It must be decided at the state level, and when/if it is I'll come out and help you convince our fellow citizens not to criminalize abortion. Finally, if that's not enough for you then we can AMEND the constitution. There's nothing to guarantee its perfect now that we are smugly into the 21st century. Let just not ignore it.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
sorry, I had missed a few of your quotes. I doubt that his position is as radical as you make it sound. But this is the first that I have heard about the UN. The Vet gun ownership diddy is likely quite specific. I doubt that he believes that people with serious or dangerous mental problems should be allowed to carry guns.
It's all on the whacko's website. http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Oddly he has no stance on climate change or the environment listed.

Ok, he doesn't know what they are, read my next post.

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMG! Listen to these interviews, he makes absolutely no sense, rambling on about soviets and the government taking over your property...did he ever get close to actually answering the question? No. The question was "what is your take on the environment and more specifically, what would you do to get rid of our dependence on foreign oil. Uhm, Earth to Ron, come in Ron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTr50dREplg&NR=1

Ron Paul Answers Global Warming Question

:rofl: "The environments are always taken better care of with strict property rights". Communism was the most destructive environmental society we ever had.

Q)Do you think C02 is part of the air quality issue? Ron - I think there's a debate about it, I don't think anybody has the final answer on that, C02 comes from ocean waters and (the rest is rather garbled)

I'm sorry, did someone think this guy had the intelligence to run a country?? :rolleyes: I wouldn't trust him running my lawnmower.

I was reading a debate on another forum and the Ron Paul supporters where tasked with explaining what besides his anti war statements they agreed with and it turned out almost 80% had no idea what ANY of his other views were, they just thought that anyone anti-government "was cool". Hoo boy.

Yikes! I know Ron Paul is an isolationist, (check out his website) likely to turn the rest of the world against the US that hasn't turned already.

I'm trying to find something that disproves he said this, but can't find anything.

Take the situation in Darfur, over there in Africa. Rather than threatening another invasion of a foreign country resulting in yet more American blood and treasure bleeding into distant sands, I believe the problems of this region can be solved by returning to the sensible vision of our Founders and the U.S. Constitution –- especially in the realm of fiscal and monetary policy. The most important elements in ending the genocide in Darfur are abolishing the Fed and restoring the Gold Standard. It is just plain Texan horse sense.

We hear a lot of talk and hand-wringing about human slavery in this part of the world. But it's time to step up and stand for market principles: a free trade in slaves for the Janjaweed will die out eventually because of natural market forces, not government fiat. Just as the Market should be left to decide the cost of wheat, so should the Market decide best how to rid the world of all this ethnic cleansing. I have no doubt that had WW II gone on much longer, even the statist Nazis would have stopped their Auschwitz business, because the economics just made no sense on the face of it.
Holy Cr@p!

http://exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ARTICLE_ID=13684

Last edited:
Evo said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OMG! Listen to these interviews, he makes absolutely no sense, rambling on about soviets and the government taking over your property...

He only mentions the Soviets in the last ten seconds, and only as an example that government run industry was an environmental disaster, which it was. What he is arguing is that property rights include the right to clean air and water. His point is that the government allows industry to pollute, and this is a violation of everyone elses rights. I agree completely.

did he ever get close to actually answering the question? No. The question was "what is your take on the environment and more specifically, what would you do to get rid of our dependence on foreign oil. Uhm, Earth to Ron, come in Ron.

He did answer the question. He said that a truly free market would drive the price of oil high enough that alternatives would be viable, but the government funds the oil industry with among other things, wars and a free military, which is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTr50dREplg&NR=1

Ron Paul Answers Global Warming Question

:rofl: "The environments are always taken better care of with strict property rights". Communism was the most destructive environmental society we ever had.

Yes, if i am entitled to clean air and water as a property owner, then the environment is protected in the process.

Evo said:
Yikes! I know Ron Paul is an isolationist, (check out his website) likely to turn the rest of the world against the US that hasn't turned already.

I'm trying to find something that disproves he said this, but can't find anything.

Holy Cr@p!

http://exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ARTICLE_ID=13684

Why are you using a Russian rag magazine as a source? A search reveals two sources for your quote: Your post and your link.

Last edited:
Evo said:

That's not what he says. He's against forced vaccinations. He believes in freedom of choice, and that IS refreshing.

So far, it appears to me that Ron Paul only seems radical because he is loyal to the Constitution, which sounds about right. True patriotism - loyalty to Constitutional principles and law - is a radical idea these days... in spite of the fact that this is what soldiers are sworn to protect with their lives.

No wonder he raised $4 million in one day!

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
That's not what he says. He's against forced vaccinations. He believes in freedom of choice, and that IS refreshing.

Wonder what that would have gotten the world back in the days of smallpox...

So far, it appears to me that Ron Paul only seems radical because he is loyal to the Constitution, which sounds about right.

He is against state-church separation.

Ron Paul is a Christian Fundamentalist that seems to think that the Church should make the rules and run our lives.

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation’s history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html [Broken]

Marriage is first and foremost a religious matter, not a government matter. Government is not moral and cannot make us moral. Law should reflect moral standards, of course, but morality comes from religion, from philosophy, from societal standards, from families, and from responsible individuals. We make a mistake when we look to government for moral leadership.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul160.html [Broken]

In response to Ivans questions.

Here is my case against Ron Paul: he votes with the GOP 76.5% of the time. Not the nice freedom-loving Republicans of yesteryear, the crazy freedom-hating neo-cons of today.

Source: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/p000583/ [Broken]

All he is is an over-hyped Republican...

He has voted against a women's right to choose, and he wants to overturn Roe v. Wade.

He has voted against gay's having the same rights as others. He even COSPONSORED a bill (Marriage Protection Act) to make it ILLEGAL for the courts to challenge another bill called the Defense of Marriage Act, and has repeatedly voted against gays having the same rights as everyone else.

He has voted against stem cell research.

He has voted against the environment consistently. Opposing things like an increase in fuel economy standards and the Kyoto protocol, and supporting things like protecting oil companies from lawsuits. "The Republicans for Environmental Protection" gave him a 17% on a recent scorecard and "The League of Conservation Voters" gave him a 5%, both indicating extremely anti-environmental votes.

He has voted against reauthorizing the Voting Rights Act of 1965. He was one of only 33 who voted against it.

He has voted against the Separation of Church and State consistently. He wants "under God" kept in the Pledge of Allegiance, he wants prayer in school, and the Ten Commandments in the courthouses.

He has voted to get out of the United Nations.

He has voted against the United States doing anything about the genocide in Sudan and wants us to just ignore it.

continued...

http://politics.reddit.com/info/2eg79/comments/c2egbi

<h2>What is the purpose of "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!"?</h2><p>The purpose of "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!" is to encourage individuals to vote for Senator Ron Paul in an upcoming election. It is a call to action for those who support the Republican party and Senator Paul's political beliefs.</p><h2>Who is Senator Ron Paul?</h2><p>Senator Ron Paul is a retired American politician and physician who served as a US Representative for Texas from 1976 to 2013. He also ran for President of the United States in 1988, 2008, and 2012. He is known for his libertarian and conservative views.</p><h2>Why should I vote for Senator Ron Paul?</h2><p>There are many reasons why someone may choose to vote for Senator Ron Paul. Some of the main reasons include his strong stance on limited government, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberty. He is also known for his consistency and integrity in his political beliefs.</p><h2>Is "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!" an official campaign slogan?</h2><p>No, "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!" is not an official campaign slogan. It is a phrase used by supporters to show their support for Senator Paul and encourage others to vote for him.</p><h2>How can I get involved in supporting Senator Ron Paul's campaign?</h2><p>There are many ways to get involved in supporting Senator Ron Paul's campaign. Some options include volunteering for his campaign, donating to his campaign, and spreading awareness through social media and word of mouth. You can also attend events and rallies to show your support for Senator Paul.</p>

What is the purpose of "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!"?

The purpose of "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!" is to encourage individuals to vote for Senator Ron Paul in an upcoming election. It is a call to action for those who support the Republican party and Senator Paul's political beliefs.

Who is Senator Ron Paul?

Senator Ron Paul is a retired American politician and physician who served as a US Representative for Texas from 1976 to 2013. He also ran for President of the United States in 1988, 2008, and 2012. He is known for his libertarian and conservative views.

Why should I vote for Senator Ron Paul?

There are many reasons why someone may choose to vote for Senator Ron Paul. Some of the main reasons include his strong stance on limited government, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberty. He is also known for his consistency and integrity in his political beliefs.

Is "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!" an official campaign slogan?

No, "Vote Republican: Support Senator Ron Paul!" is not an official campaign slogan. It is a phrase used by supporters to show their support for Senator Paul and encourage others to vote for him.

How can I get involved in supporting Senator Ron Paul's campaign?

There are many ways to get involved in supporting Senator Ron Paul's campaign. Some options include volunteering for his campaign, donating to his campaign, and spreading awareness through social media and word of mouth. You can also attend events and rallies to show your support for Senator Paul.