Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Voting machine problems and voters being struck from the rolls

1. Oct 1, 2008 #1
    I saw on the news (ABC & Fox) that voters in swing states are being struck from the rolls in some states - Mississippi - ~ 10,000 I'm not sure how true the report is but it is disturbing in a deja-vu kinda way. There are also problems with the machines in Fl. and some other states. Do any of you think that this election will get usurped like the previous one?:grumpy:
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2008 #2
    We are only scratching the surface. This guy has a lot more. The info is suppose to go mainstream today.

Republican Stephen Spoonamore on election fraud. ( additional videos in the link )

4. Oct 1, 2008 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

5. Oct 1, 2008 #4
    OMG, thats tragic!!! They admit to it. Heeeyyy, didn't somebody just design that to spoof Diebold?
  6. Oct 1, 2008 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Erm, I don't think that is their actual logo!
    Of course they might have reached the point where they really don't care anymore!

They did recently rename their election machine division - it was getting such bad press that nobody would trust/use/buy Diebold ATMs or ticket machines anymore.
  7. Oct 1, 2008 #6
    THE PERFECT MATCH is the latest scheme I have heard of. If a person's voter registration info is slightly different than information found in public records, the person comes under suspicion.

For instance if a person is registered to vote as John Q Doe and has his vehicle registered as John Quincy Doe, he may be listed as a possible duplicate registration.

The same thing appears to be happening in Colorado

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. Oct 2, 2008 #7
    Ohio is allowing same day registration-vote. The problem with that could be voter fraud.

On another note and back to the topic... I saw this

Theres a link to this PDF file -
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?