Best VS Code Themes: Light & Dark Modes, Python IDLE Colors

• Thread starter Arman777
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code
In summary, there are two modes in VS Code themes: light and dark. Light mode uses light colors for the editor background and text, while dark mode uses dark colors. You can customize the colors in your theme by going to File > Preferences > Color Theme and selecting "Customize". To install a new theme, go to File > Preferences > Color Theme and click on "Install...". You can also have different themes for different programming languages by going to File > Preferences > Color Theme and selecting "Language-specific settings". There are many recommended themes for Python in VS Code, such as "One Dark Pro", "Material Theme", and "Monokai Pro". These themes are designed specifically for Python development and have features tailored to the language
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
I am searching for VS code themes that is in light or in the dark mode the codes will have different colors such as colors in python idle. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org

1. What are the best light and dark themes for VS Code?

Some of the most popular light and dark themes for VS Code include Solarized Light/Dark, Tomorrow Night, Monokai, and One Dark.

2. How do I install new themes in VS Code?

To install a new theme in VS Code, go to the Extensions tab and search for the theme you want. Once you find it, click on "Install" and then click on "Reload" to apply the changes.

3. Can I customize the colors of my Python code in VS Code?

Yes, you can customize the colors of your Python code in VS Code by going to File > Preferences > Color Theme and selecting a theme that has been specifically designed for Python, such as Solarized Light/Dark or Monokai.

4. Are there any themes that are specifically designed for Python development in VS Code?

Yes, there are many themes that have been specifically designed for Python development in VS Code. Some popular options include Dracula, Ayu, and Nord.

5. Can I switch between light and dark themes in VS Code easily?

Yes, you can easily switch between light and dark themes in VS Code by going to File > Preferences > Color Theme and selecting the theme you want to use. Alternatively, you can use the "Toggle Theme" command by pressing Ctrl+K, Ctrl+T (Windows) or Cmd+K, Cmd+T (Mac).