Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

VSL (Variable Speed of Light) Relativity

1. Jul 31, 2003 #1
    Joao Magueijo asserts in his book, "Faster Than the Speed of Light: The Story of a Scientific Speculation," _Perseus Publishing_, 2003, that revisions to special relativity are possible that do not contradict the relativity of motion.

Judging from the pages I’ve read I don’t believe Magueijo’s claim for a minute. I am fairly confident that I can refute it easily. All I need is for someone to exhibit a concrete example—an explicit transformation equation—expressing how space-time events transform in different “inertial” frames of reference, preserving the principle of relativity. Out of all you researchers, and from the vast collection of VSL papers, does anyone here know how to write down even one of these alleged transforms explicitly for the easy case of one spatial dimension?

Eugene Shubert
    http://www.everythingimportant.org/relativity/generalized.htm

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted