1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

W or NoPass ?

1. Oct 11, 2011 #1
    W or NoPass ???

What looks worse on a transcript, W or NP?

Also, are there ways to withdraw from a Pass/NoPass class with an Incomplete to be finished later? Of course this might be case by case. Basically I am asking this: If you are in danger of getting a NoPass in a class, what is the best recourse? The catch is that you keep your financial aid if your GPA stays above 3.0, so it is in your interest to focus on the classes that you are not failing. So, what to do with the P/NP class that you are not passing (which takes time away from the classes you ARE passing that can save your GPA)?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2011 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Re: W or NoPass ???

Depends on your university. Ask someone who knows the local policies, or look on your university's web site.

4. Oct 11, 2011 #3

How bad does a "No Pass" look on a transcript? Considering things like grad school apps...

5. Oct 11, 2011 #4

Given the option I'd go for the W, to my mind a NP looks about as good as a D/F. My two cents at least.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook